This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It is over

#31Lord_KagatoPosted 9/2/2014 9:18:31 AM
And yet the world just kept on spinning.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Persona 3 FES, Short Horror Titles
#32manoftheworld84Posted 9/2/2014 9:21:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#33Namord1Posted 9/2/2014 9:22:58 AM
xixnoahxix posted...
Robotron2084 posted...
I have been gaming since the late 70s (I know), but today I have decided it is over.

I am selling my consoles, cancelling all my pre-orders, and throwing out what I can't sell. I am finished with this corrupt industry. Bloggers, developers and even the IGF siding against gamers saying it's about hate and bigotry when that is all gamers have been receiving from them in the past two weeks with zero press coverage of doxxing, threats, harassing phone calls, and again the shutting down of a campaign to support women in gaming.

Of course I will still have my PC for many other things but gaming is dead to me. They want it that bad they can have it, but in my honest opinion the only way to shut this down is to no longer financially support these crooks. They don't deserve my money.

So take care gamers I will still check in everyone once in awhile to see what your are all fighting about. PC, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft didn't matter......in the end we were gamers and that is what was important.

You're just as much of an idiot as they are.

Video games are about playing games, not getting wrapped up "corruption" or who is right or wrong.

You're doing the exact same thing as the rest, you're just on the other side of this imaginary fence everyone has built up.

I halfway agree.

If the OP wants to willingly stop gaming for good, that's his choice. Bashing on some unfortunate soul for whatever his/her reason, that's something you should be ashamed of (it could be YOU someday)!

Eventually I will age and my amazing reflexes will deteriorate and wont be able to keep up with them young guns. Maybe i'll die with a controller in my hand (WORT WORT WORT).
---
"BRING IT!" - Marcus Fenix
#34chandl34Posted 9/2/2014 9:25:38 AM
Nobody cares.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#35skyfire777Posted 9/2/2014 9:27:05 AM
im rather optimistic about gaming in general, really. in a few decades, everyone still alive would have grown up loving, or at least alongside, video games. that means the CEOs and all the other bigwigs will at least have a small passion for video games. that'd be cool
---
^^vv<><>ba
#36GjainPosted 9/2/2014 9:29:35 AM
I dont even..... I completely understand giving up gaming cause youve outgrown it, cause it is of no fun or it is too much wasted time for ones self. But the reasons you say your quitting I cant even follow the logic.
#37ConnuhPosted 9/2/2014 9:30:12 AM
aak57 posted...
lol

---
The bomb.com
#38ElkiadorPosted 9/2/2014 9:33:22 AM
skyfire777 posted...
im rather optimistic about gaming in general, really. in a few decades, everyone still alive would have grown up loving, or at least alongside, video games. that means the CEOs and all the other bigwigs will at least have a small passion for video games. that'd be cool

That's hardly a good thing. Gaming is gentrified enough already.
#39spyrobandicootPosted 9/2/2014 9:42:22 AM
K
---
Dragonite AKA Barney the Derp
#40monkmithPosted 9/2/2014 9:44:25 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Gaming is great as ever.

Social media is what's rapidly going down the toilet.

hard to go down the toilet when social media is the toilet.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.