This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming Journalism scandal 2014, GamerGate cont'd

#161Dieinafire1Posted 9/3/2014 10:01:37 PM
kblaze13 yes they are receiving heat now because things got so negative. If it all started as a guy doing these things it would have been a celebration and the girls he slept with would have been treated as nameless candy
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4 ghz | MSI 990FXA-GD65 V2 | EVGA SLI TITANS | 16GB 1866 DDR3 | 850W Corsair | Win8.1 64bit | 3TB HDD 256 SSD | Hyper 212 Evo | 4K | PS4|Xbox1
#162YombieePosted 9/3/2014 10:05:48 PM
Dieinafire1 posted...
kblaze13 yes they are receiving heat now because things got so negative. If it all started as a guy doing these things it would have been a celebration and the girls he slept with would have been treated as nameless candy

(insert the pic of the drunk guy facebooking with a female dev who ended up getting fired and issuing an apology)
#163kblaze13Posted 9/3/2014 10:10:59 PM
Yombiee posted...
Dieinafire1 posted...

(insert the pic of the drunk guy facebooking with a female dev who ended up getting fired and issuing an apology)

yeah where is Fapathy with the links...

the moment the names of "journalists" were mentioned is when this started gaining momentum, those journalists were also male btw, so it was actually MALE journalists that caused the inital outcry, Zoe was just the one being used since it was her conversation with her BF that brought the information to light.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#164rockman202Posted 9/3/2014 10:16:30 PM
kblaze13 posted...
Yombiee posted...
Dieinafire1 posted...

yeah where is Frapathy with the links...

the moment the names of "journalists" were mentioned is when this started gaining momentum, those journalists were also male btw, so it was actually MALE journalists that caused the inital outcry, Zoe was just the one being used since it was her conversation with her BF that brought the information to light.

Yeah, then there are people as dense as this who thinks is all about misogyny, and that if he admits that two writers, who are male, who reviewed his dlc were good friends with him, thinking nothing was going to happen. Guess whats going on right now? People are looking for them to add to the list.
https://twitter.com/LaffinHAARD/status/507392864071196672/photo/1
---
3DS FC:1805-2182-4512
#165YombieePosted 9/3/2014 10:19:24 PM
Worlds largest datamining event ever?
#166kblaze13Posted 9/3/2014 10:22:02 PM
Yombiee posted...

ya know it's almost as if these journalists don't know as much about tech and the industry as the gamers themselves do.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#167Dieinafire1Posted 9/3/2014 10:33:19 PM
http://fugitiveunknown.wordpress.com/
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4 ghz | MSI 990FXA-GD65 V2 | EVGA SLI TITANS | 16GB 1866 DDR3 | 850W Corsair | Win8.1 64bit | 3TB HDD 256 SSD | Hyper 212 Evo | 4K | PS4|Xbox1
#168YombieePosted 9/3/2014 10:35:45 PM(edited)
kblaze13 posted...
Yombiee posted...

ya know it's almost as if these journalists don't know as much about tech and the industry as the gamers themselves do.

It's hard to read sarcasm? I don't know how to respond to this this much less interpret it.
But seriously there's just so much "this side" "that side" kind of bs that makes me question why is there so much emphasis on generalizations and labeling of something that was once anonymous (the internet as a whole)?

Now not only are "gamers" being rebranded, but people who don't want to be generalized under a blanket-statement-of-a-banner, have to speak out and thus remove anonymity. It's almost a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind thing. Regardless of being an unknown genderless ageless entity (the internet), this situation is forcing people into smaller defined factions(gamers/sjw/cismales/mra/omg/wtf/bbq), and anyone with any source of faculty to coordinate and assemble the information (which we've found out to be is very public and very transparent) can just make a database of it all and booyah. you have successfully datamined the entire portion of the internet which any and all of this scandal has touched.

That's my logic behind the datamining thing anyways. ..... sorry i'm just a 300 year old dog on an ipad.
#169Dieinafire1Posted 9/3/2014 10:36:17 PM
This blows things open!

http://fugitiveunknown.wordpress.com/
---
#170YombieePosted 9/3/2014 10:44:07 PM(edited)
Why does that and your new user status make me so wary of clicking on such a clickbait sounding site?

25: New User (3)
Awarded to users with at least 25 Karma. No level posting restrictions. Can now edit posts.

I am now entirely done and too bored of this situation. I slowly back away. Time to actually go play some games instead talking about them.

(irony, goes plays desktop dungeons and thinks about dwarf quest[the curse of casual gaming].)