This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any delay on wireless headsets?

#1EvilBeardsPosted 9/2/2014 5:13:03 PM
In terms of the mic and the headphones?
#2LordSeiferPosted 9/2/2014 5:57:20 PM
yes
---
^ this
#3Blobs_Posted 9/2/2014 5:58:54 PM
Yes, but it's not horribly significant. Maybe a few milliseconds.
---
is haha
#4CammyApplePosted 9/2/2014 6:33:18 PM
The delay between your brain and mouth is greater then the delay the headset would cause.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
Go hardcore with glitter on the floor.
#5mrCubePosted 9/2/2014 8:13:07 PM
Not in any of the pairs I've ever tried.
---
---
#6CammyApplePosted 9/2/2014 8:16:22 PM
mrCube posted...
Not in any of the pairs I've ever tried.

It's there. It's just not always noticeable.
---
#7PraetorXynPosted 9/2/2014 9:10:59 PM
Yes, but you shouldn't be using headsets period. Get a quality set of headphones with good sound stage and a proper desktop condenser mic. Your friends will love you for it.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#8EvilBeards(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 9:12:45 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Yes, but you shouldn't be using headsets period. Get a quality set of headphones with good sound stage and a proper desktop condenser mic. Your friends will love you for it.

I don't want a mic sitting on my desk. I seriously don't get the appeal of this unless you're into voice acting/music, or Markiplier.
#9CammyApplePosted 9/2/2014 9:15:34 PM
EvilBeards posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

I don't want a mic sitting on my desk. I seriously don't get the appeal of this unless you're into voice acting/music, or Markiplier.

You don't get the appeal of having the best quality equipment you can afford?
---
#10unsanePosted 9/2/2014 9:20:01 PM
EvilBeards posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

A good mic doesn't need to be sitting directly in front of you on the desk. A great cardioid set off to the side, adjusted to point toward the direction you're speaking, will still, in most cases, sound better than most gaming headset mics. Some of them will also have gain adjustments which will allow you to keep the mic even further away, while retaining the volume as if you were speaking directly into it.

tl;dr I agree with PraetorXyn...get a good pair of headphones and a good mic. Adjust to it, and you'll be a much happier camper.
---
This website is best viewed with eyes open.