This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Worms title to buy?

#11krayziejoe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 10:46:55 PM
Cheers everyone, I'ma-geddin' Armageddon (sorry, couldn't resist)
---
Real gamers know how to play chess.
#12jedinatPosted 9/3/2014 11:44:03 PM
I used to think those games were hilarious... in middle school. They hold no appeal for me anymore. Found the game really irritating when I tried it again a couple years ago...
#13YombieePosted 9/3/2014 11:47:37 PM
if ever there were a contender for esports games in it's day, this game would be it. (worms 2/Armageddon)

This game was a good spectator game and had a HUGE skill ceiling, replayable as hell as well.
#14LOLIAmAnAltPosted 9/3/2014 11:51:19 PM(edited)
Armageddon or World Party

I played them on the PS1 (and PC) with friends, so many good times.
It was the only game my one friend owned for his PS1.
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#15Kerr AvonPosted 9/4/2014 5:09:28 AM
I haven't played a Worms game in years, but they are great, and I think Worms Armageddon is the best one I played, but I don't think I played any later 2D versions.

On thing though - DO NOT get a 3D version of Worms. It totally kills the fun of the game, having to move and aim in three dimensions. And I'm not some gaming Luddite who hates anything modern, such as 3D gaming (my favourite genre is the first person shooter, so I love 3D in most games), I just found the 3D versions to be very bland and boring. Maybe you'll feel differently, but have a look at the reviews (which tend to agree with me), or try a demo, or buy one if you see it very cheaply. Just don't expect to enjoy, and instead concentrate on the 2D versions.
---
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#16SinisterSlayPosted 9/4/2014 6:19:54 AM
Kerr Avon posted...
I haven't played a Worms game in years, but they are great, and I think Worms Armageddon is the best one I played, but I don't think I played any later 2D versions.

On thing though - DO NOT get a 3D version of Worms. It totally kills the fun of the game, having to move and aim in three dimensions. And I'm not some gaming Luddite who hates anything modern, such as 3D gaming (my favourite genre is the first person shooter, so I love 3D in most games), I just found the 3D versions to be very bland and boring. Maybe you'll feel differently, but have a look at the reviews (which tend to agree with me), or try a demo, or buy one if you see it very cheaply. Just don't expect to enjoy, and instead concentrate on the 2D versions.

The 3D versions are good for some laughs but the aiming mechanics are terrible. You don't get a good perspective on the wind and on the distance of your shot so you end up taking noob shots at everything.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence