This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else given up on dayz ever being finished?

#11AnDtuigeannTuPosted 9/3/2014 8:42:11 AM
Arma III, Stae of Decay, FTL, Strike Suit Zero, just to say the least.

Maybe PoE? I didn't really pay attention to it until recently.

I gave up on DayZ a long time ago, it's just not my cup of tea. PvP is good because you actually have something to lose, but encounters are usually so short compared to the time spent actually gaining equipment. And quite a few times I've just freshly spawned and had people with great gear come along and kill me just because.
---
Doesn't matter how well you're doing, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
#12HaganPosted 9/3/2014 9:13:20 AM
AnDtuigeannTu posted...

I gave up on DayZ a long time ago, it's just not my cup of tea. PvP is good because you actually have something to lose, but encounters are usually so short compared to the time spent actually gaining equipment. And quite a few times I've just freshly spawned and had people with great gear come along and kill me just because.

That is the appeal and the problem. The game is loaded with hackers, and the people that don't hack just kill you on sight anyway. Also, the only place to really get weapons (last time I played) were the airfields, which is a trek in itself to get to.

Game could be better, but I doubt it will ever leave EA. Also, sad how it has been in the top 10 best sellers since it released in December 2013
---
XBL GT= illidan z PSN = HaganJR
Steam = mhagan1986 Origin = HaganJR
#13KnifegashPosted 9/3/2014 9:45:31 AM
mrCube posted...

Seriously? There's been a ton of improvement in DayZ. It hardly resembles the game that was released last year.

Sorry, I've put over 400 hours into the game, and this is as blatantly false as it gets. The game is exactly the same, except there are new items to find and very minimal gameplay changes in the form of persistent storage and the removal of combat logging. Only vehicles and objectives would make the game totally different at this point.
---
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6
#14SleepComaPosted 9/3/2014 9:54:58 AM
Love me dayz.

Already have over 200 hours in it. You either love it or hate it.

I have faith in it. If it never sees the light then oh well I got my money's worth for damn sure.
---
It's weird that pirates would go from shore to shore looking for buried treasure,
when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making.
#15mrCubePosted 9/3/2014 10:26:16 AM
Knifegash posted...
mrCube posted...

Seriously? There's been a ton of improvement in DayZ. It hardly resembles the game that was released last year.

Sorry, I've put over 400 hours into the game, and this is as blatantly false as it gets. The game is exactly the same, except there are new items to find and very minimal gameplay changes in the form of persistent storage and the removal of combat logging. Only vehicles and objectives would make the game totally different at this point.

I love how you say it's "blatantly false" that the game has changed, then immediately go on to list ways in which it's changed. I mean you can just read the changelog of each patch to see what they've added/fixed.

Why the f**** are you expecting to the game to become totally different? It's DayZ, and if you don't like the way the game plays, just quit, because it's always going to be DayZ.
---
---
#16BogePosted 9/3/2014 11:36:11 AM
I gave up a long time ago.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#17Killah PriestPosted 9/3/2014 11:37:27 AM
I gave up on Day-Z after watching like one of those videos back when it was just a mod.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#18BogePosted 9/3/2014 11:37:50 AM
mrCube posted...
Knifegash posted...
mrCube posted...

I love how you say it's "blatantly false" that the game has changed, then immediately go on to list ways in which it's changed. I mean you can just read the changelog of each patch to see what they've added/fixed.

Why the f**** are you expecting to the game to become totally different? It's DayZ, and if you don't like the way the game plays, just quit, because it's always going to be DayZ.

"It hardly resembles the game that was released last year."
"Why the f**** are you expecting to the game to become totally different?"

That's funny to me.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#19Benjamin_ButtonPosted 9/3/2014 12:28:29 PM
Because PC gamers buying all this Early Access is ruining the industry with this bullcrap.

Yet they blame it on stupid sex scandals concerning geeks and fat butterface indie developers
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#20fallenswords(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 12:44:54 PM
mrCube posted...
Knifegash posted...
mrCube posted...

So bugs, overpriced servers, exploitable loot systems, puss poor net code and poor optimization is something that we should just "deal with".
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/