This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else given up on dayz ever being finished?

#21pothocketPosted 9/3/2014 12:49:43 PM
Benjamin_Button posted...
Because PC gamers buying all this Early Access is ruining the industry with this bullcrap.

Yet they blame it on stupid sex scandals concerning geeks and fat butterface indie developers

You should seriously look up what a "butterface" is.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#22DmanTeePosted 9/3/2014 12:58:15 PM
pothocket posted...
Because PC gamers buying all this Early Access is ruining the industry with this bullcrap.

Yet they blame it on stupid sex scandals concerning geeks and fat butterface indie developers

Butter body.
#23InterfusorPosted 9/3/2014 1:21:01 PM
DmanTee posted...
pothocket posted...

Butter body.

Fully buttered.
---
I am not economically viable.
#24SinisterSlayPosted 9/3/2014 1:22:33 PM
Interfusor posted...
DmanTee posted...
pothocket posted...

Butter body.

Fully buttered.

Picturing Kramer right now....
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#25Cool_Dude667Posted 9/3/2014 4:20:49 PM
I gave up on dayz with the mod after i got teleported to a hacker and killed instantly for the fourth time
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#26rusty12000Posted 9/3/2014 4:38:15 PM
I for one believe in Bohemia Interactive more so then I believe in Rocket. Bohemia has never let me down. I've played an insane amount of Arma 2, and played Arma 3 alpha from the beginning. I even enjoyed their mars game.

I don't think Bohemia is going to ruin their biggest money maker, DayZ. Honestly guys if you buy into a extremely early alpha, expect a wait for the game to get anywhere near finished. If you don't like it, don't buy early access games. In the mean time play DayZ mod because it is amazing. (especially DayZ Epoch)
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#27gwizzlerPosted 9/4/2014 2:37:39 AM
I played the hell out of the mod, bought the standalone one day one. What a mistake that was. No vehicles, four guns, filling Balota with military loot, adding in new ghost towns with no loot spawns, unnecessarily confusing health/food/drink system, etc. I stopped playing after a couple weeks (about 30 hours of gameplay, mostly laborious walking/running) before uninstalling it. My group has been playing it and they've been badgering me to get on, so I checked on what's been added. To my amazement, nothing of any real significance has been added. A couple new weapons and items is pretty much it as far as I can tell. Where are the vehicles? Where is the base building? I can just go play the mod and get a more complete experience, so there is 0 chance of me playing standalone until vehicles and base building get added.
---
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster
#28ATARIJAWAPosted 9/4/2014 9:01:39 AM
It launched in pre-alpha status as a server and engine test in december 2013. It's not due to be finished until summer 2015. Nothing has changed. Lol at people playing the engine stress test and thought they were playing the actual game.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117
#29ATARIJAWAPosted 9/4/2014 9:04:07 AM
gwizzler posted...
I played the hell out of the mod, bought the standalone one day one. What a mistake that was. No vehicles, four guns, filling Balota with military loot, adding in new ghost towns with no loot spawns, unnecessarily confusing health/food/drink system, etc. I stopped playing after a couple weeks (about 30 hours of gameplay, mostly laborious walking/running) before uninstalling it. My group has been playing it and they've been badgering me to get on, so I checked on what's been added. To my amazement, nothing of any real significance has been added. A couple new weapons and items is pretty much it as far as I can tell. Where are the vehicles? Where is the base building? I can just go play the mod and get a more complete experience, so there is 0 chance of me playing standalone until vehicles and base building get added.

You realize the standalone has little in common with the mod right? It's a completely different game. The mod is a modified military shooter with some survival elements and zombies thrown in. Standalone is a complete survival horror game.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 117
#30MrMonkhousePosted 9/4/2014 9:08:00 AM
Im telling you guys, devs these days put out half assed games at the full price and they only get minor updates every few weeks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif