This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whoever said PC gaming is cheap over the long run definitely wasn't me.

#21Enigma149Posted 9/3/2014 12:20:56 PM
It's not cheap for me, for the opposite reason: I don't buy enough games to make up the price difference.

Still, though, I can't imagine playing Civ with a controller.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#22WyzeGyePosted 9/3/2014 12:21:55 PM
On the topic though, I spend around the same amount I spent on console gaming, possibly less.

and to show for it, I have the largest library of games i've ever owned, and don't have to worry about replacing scratched discs. Because I have children and they hate discs.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg
http://puu.sh/bhBm6/ef4db1a2b3.png
#23AsucaHayashiPosted 9/3/2014 12:26:26 PM
Enigma149 posted...
It's not cheap for me, for the opposite reason: I don't buy enough games to make up the price difference.

your selection of available games to play is still 10x bigger than any console gamer who also don't buy many games.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#24BogePosted 9/3/2014 1:02:33 PM
It's cheaper bang for the buck in the long run. For 100 console games, that would have been $1000 vs the $300 you paid. That's another $700 you could have put towards having the better machine for the more awesome experience. That's not counting the free online either.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#25Enigma149Posted 9/3/2014 4:59:31 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
Enigma149 posted...

your selection of available games to play is still 10x bigger than any console gamer who also don't buy many games.

Pretty much every game I own is an exclusive, either for PC (Civ V, KSP, etc.) or a console (Smash, Pikmin, Uncharted, etc.). I could probably give up the Sony exclusives, but I'd still need at least one console to play Nintendo games, and the PC to play everything else.

That's the problem - I don't play a lot of games, but I play games on several systems.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#26ClashtonnPosted 9/3/2014 7:13:24 PM
PC gaming would be cheaper if there weren't so many damn good games for it.

When you jus tplay on consoles, you're lucky if you get a game worth buying every couple of months. PCs get multiple good games every month.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#27jokujokujokuPosted 9/3/2014 7:26:22 PM
SleepComa posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
Was playing Far Cry 3 1080p, 60fps no problem a month or so ago.
Oh nice...a 2 year old game! totes bro!
Oh look someone is taking you seriously.

Ben_Butt post.

FTFY
#28temgunPosted 9/4/2014 1:41:18 AM
Clashtonn posted...
PC gaming would be cheaper if there weren't so many damn good games for it.

When you jus tplay on consoles, you're lucky if you get a game worth buying every couple of months. PCs get multiple good games every month.

Yeah, in before someone lists the usual list of TLOU, Halo, Uncharted or something else.

Strange how those people only seem to play console exclusives and absolutely nothing else, or it's like nothing else is even worthwhile.
#29godplaysSNESPosted 9/4/2014 1:57:58 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
anonymous46773 posted...
pc gaming would be cheaper in the long run if devs would learn how to optimize their games so we dont have to buy a new $500+ GPU every 3-4 months to play 'insert AAA title here' @ 1080p+ & 60fps

I didn't upgrade my old card for 3 years and I never really had that much trouble with it.

thats because your playing @ 720p & 30fps

1080p, 60fps

on Watchdogs? with a 3 yr old card? lol

in that case, that 3 yr old card will get you 1440p @ 120 fps on Witcher 3! ur good bro! totes!

Might be possible if all settings are set to low. Resolution alone doesn't tell us anything.

But once the 360 and PS3 are fully ditched and the PS4 and Xbox One become the lowest common denominators, plenty of folks will have to upgrade their GPUs.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#30anonymous46773Posted 9/4/2014 2:15:49 AM
Might be possible if all settings are set to low. Resolution alone doesn't tell us anything.

There we go.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.