This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Soooooo... Sims 4.

#11Doctor__PepperPosted 9/4/2014 1:32:44 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
Is it terrible?

Pretty much. The Sims 4 took many steps back from The Sims 3. If you have The Sims 3, just keep playing that until you see if EA will fix the many problems with The Sims 4. Don't hold your breath though.
#12happyscrub1Posted 9/4/2014 1:42:08 PM
Doctor__Pepper posted...
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
Is it terrible?

Pretty much. The Sims 4 took many steps back from The Sims 3. If you have The Sims 3, just keep playing that until you see if EA will fix the many problems with The Sims 4. Don't hold your breath though.

I'm not optimistic they will fix Sims 4 because I think my issues with it are limited to the game engine. But I think Sims 5 will be SUPER! to make up for Sims 4
---
(fixed) Sorry if I don't reply. It's probably because:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/14507091120/
#13R i c kPosted 9/4/2014 1:56:30 PM
From what I've seen of it, it's as others have said, there's no reason at all to sink $60-70 on TS4 when TS3 does the same thing but better. The only big new things seems to be the char editor (decent but not all that important) and the emotion system which is just short-term needs (again, decent but not important). Either of those things would have been an ok addition to the series but they took too many steps backward for it to be worthwhile.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded and others. Tune in!
#14SonyHoundDawgPosted 9/4/2014 1:56:31 PM
What loading screens in Sims 4? My wifes computer meets or is lower then the min specs and the load screens in this game are barely anything. Compared to sims 3 its like this new game is running at 1.4gigwatts.

anways her specs are a gtx 650, an older i3, one of the 2xxx ones, win 7 64bit, even her hard drive is only 5400rpm even though its desktop, that was a fail of a purchase I'll tell you.
#15Doctor__PepperPosted 9/4/2014 2:11:03 PM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
What loading screens in Sims 4? My wifes computer meets or is lower then the min specs and the load screens in this game are barely anything. Compared to sims 3 its like this new game is running at 1.4gigwatts.

anways her specs are a gtx 650, an older i3, one of the 2xxx ones, win 7 64bit, even her hard drive is only 5400rpm even though its desktop, that was a fail of a purchase I'll tell you.

The game will literally load if you just go to your next door neighbor, even though you can see your next door neighbor on the same screen as your own house.
#16TowerBooks3192Posted 9/4/2014 3:11:54 PM(edited)
Compared to sims 3 yes it is terrible. They seem to be aiming at getting back the Sims 1 feeling.The loading screens are not as bad as lets say sim 2 but it is horrible especially when you could see your neighbour's lot but it loads when you try and visit. Could not really provide an in-depth insight as I only saw my sister playing it yesterday. She seems to be enjoying it. Its just disappointing that only a very few number of stuff is available but it is nothing new that EA would cut contents and resell it.

The thing I noticed that was added was being able to talk to sims by doing something like talking with other sims while doing something else. Not sure if there are huge lots but I never saw my sister trying to build a huge house yet.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#17Game-XpertPosted 9/4/2014 5:15:33 PM
Ill probably pick it up on sale but is this one better optimized than the Sims 3?
---
3DS/PC/PS3
#18Doctor__PepperPosted 9/4/2014 7:24:39 PM
Game-Xpert posted...
Ill probably pick it up on sale but is this one better optimized than the Sims 3?

No, it's 32 bit only. The game can't take advantage of more than 4 GB of RAM.
#19lazycomplifePosted 9/4/2014 7:31:00 PM
I heard there is also a minecraft themed version of the game for a lot cheaper.
---
Official Swinub - 3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027
Steam/PSN/Nintendo ID: Sythierius
#20SpazH3dPosted 9/4/2014 8:00:13 PM
Doctor__Pepper posted...
Game-Xpert posted...

No, it's 32 bit only. The game can't take advantage of more than 4 GB of RAM.

It's pretty lazy when the game is only on PC.
---
- My vision is augmented