This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

USB hub that is wireless?

#1SolidDBZPosted 9/3/2014 1:52:08 PM
To use the computer from a distance, mouse, keyboard and tablet. I don't really want to buy everything wireless ($). I looked on Amazon but all I get is wireless media hubs.
---
Metal Gear!?
#2wraith61Posted 9/3/2014 1:58:01 PM
No such thing as far as I know.
---
Home, home of the strange,where the neckbeards and hardware trolls roam,where seldom is heard a considerate word and Clear Sky is bemoaned night and day-JKatarn
#3Davel23Posted 9/3/2014 2:31:44 PM(edited)
There was a wireless USB standard a while back, but it was unreliable and expensive. You might still be able to find some devices which support it, but expect them them to be unreliable and expensive.

Edit: Doing a search for "wireless usb hub" on Amazon brings up a few examples, but it seems most of them are not compatible with anything newer than Vista.
---
Your mom's box.
#4wildog2006Posted 9/3/2014 2:37:17 PM
Vista drivers work on Win7. So, in theory, it should work.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#5Davel23Posted 9/3/2014 2:41:16 PM
Apparently not in this case. The user reviews are full of people specifically stating that they couldn't get the devices working on anything newer than Vista.
---
Your mom's box.