This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game prices

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Game prices
1 year ago#1
I have noticed that game prices on pc are a lot cheaper than consoles. They also see more price drops. But how long does it usually take for a big name game to go down in price usually and by how much? Example far cry 4. Should I get it on pc when it comes out or wait?
1 year ago#2
It really depends on the publisher. Ubisoft takes a while but they're not as bad as Activision with sales.

My guess is FC4 will have a small discount (25%-33% off) by late winter. And a larger (66% off or more) discount by next spring to summer.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
1 year ago#3
Often it will take 6-12 months for the price to drop on a major title, although it can happen sooner. If you're talking a typical $60 game, you'll often see it drop to $40 within several months, and sales can bring that down to $15-20 without too much trouble most of the time. After 1-2 years, they'll usually drop again to $20 or so.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
1 year ago#4
Guess I'll wait then.
1 year ago#5
Keep in mind that's just a generalization of what we see, and is in no way a rule. It's *pretty* reliable, but don't get upset if a game doesn't drop when you expect it to. I think Skyrim is one that bucked the trend by far longer than any other game I can recall. It took *forever* for it to start dropping in price.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
1 year ago#6
KillerTruffle posted...
Keep in mind that's just a generalization of what we see, and is in no way a rule. It's *pretty* reliable, but don't get upset if a game doesn't drop when you expect it to. I think Skyrim is one that bucked the trend by far longer than any other game I can recall. It took *forever* for it to start dropping in price.

I think it depends on sales figures. When sales start dropping off they do a % off sale to renew interest in the game.

Skyrim remained in the top Sellers on steam for a long ass time, hence no sales for a long time.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
1 year ago#7
I always wait for seasonal steam sales and clean up all the last few years at deep discounts
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Game prices

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived