This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fresh MMO?

#1Aeon320Posted 9/3/2014 5:11:30 PM
Good evening all,

I kind of had a hankering to play an MMO or invest my time into something on a larger scale (limited time, mind you), but every MMO I look at seems to be stale or grindy. Is my best bet to look into something like EVE Online, or perhaps wait for Star Citizen? Is FFXIV, ArcheAge, etc. just the same grind?

Please voice your opinion!
Thanks.
#2thedeadman568Posted 9/3/2014 5:14:10 PM
ArcheAge is great. While it does have most of the usual themepark stuff, it also has plenty of alternative ways to level / spend time in the game.
World PVP, traderuns, growing crops, exploring the map are all viable and essential to the world.
#3JudgmenlPosted 9/3/2014 5:24:42 PM
You aren't going to find anything.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7JitCm3.png
You can't take the sky from me
#4Aeon320(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 6:20:52 PM
Is EVE not worth getting into at the point of its lifecycle? And I heard that ArcheAge is the same themepark but with FarmVille. Is this incorrect?
#5Digital StormPosted 9/3/2014 6:24:28 PM
The problem with EVE Online is that it appeals to a certain type of person and that's it. Generally the people I come across either love EVE or down right hate it -- so it's hard to say if it's right for you.

It's definitely not a lone wolf type of game and requires social interaction to get the most out of it.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#6MaKhaosPosted 9/3/2014 8:01:15 PM
Well open beta is imminent and the launch on 9/16 for Archeage is right after. I would say try it since it is free to play. It is not grindy in the sense that the grind it has is akin to sandbox styles of something like Eve, Camelot, or Galaxies but without as much depth. Archeage is a good middle ground "sandpark" experience. I find that playing it, you don't feel obligated to log in everyday or else you fall behind type of feeling. Its kinda like Guild Wars 2 in a sense that you can pick up and go at anytime. So yeah try it out and see if you like it.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#7JudgmenlPosted 9/4/2014 2:34:49 AM
MaKhaos posted...
Well open beta is imminent and the launch on 9/16 for Archeage is right after. I would say try it since it is free to play. It is not grindy in the sense that the grind it has is akin to sandbox styles of something like Eve, Camelot, or Galaxies but without as much depth. Archeage is a good middle ground "sandpark" experience. I find that playing it, you don't feel obligated to log in everyday or else you fall behind type of feeling. Its kinda like Guild Wars 2 in a sense that you can pick up and go at anytime. So yeah try it out and see if you like it.

Except that it's pay to win.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7JitCm3.png
You can't take the sky from me