This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch this intriguing trailer that was shown at PAX for a game called Firewatch.

#1AnimorganimatePosted 9/3/2014 8:25:56 PM
80/80

I saw this earlier and I found myself thinking about it throughout the day. Since I didn't see it mentioned here yet, I thought I'd make you all aware about a very interesting teaser for a game called Firewatch. The website is http://www.firewatchgame.com/ and the video is on the first page you come to, before clicking Continue at the bottom. Even the website's color palette is interesting.

As far as I can tell, you're on fire duty in a Wyoming forest . . . and then it's an extreme hiking simulator. Whatever it is, it looks unique. I'm now anticipating a new game.

What do you think?
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#2Po-RayuPosted 9/3/2014 8:33:22 PM
Nah.
---
27" 2012 iMac | 3.4 ghz i7 Quad Core | 2 GB Dedicated Graphics Card | 32 GB Ram | 3 TB Fusion Drive
#3YombieePosted 9/3/2014 8:41:02 PM
It kind of looks nice, I hope it to be more like mirrors edge rather than say... "the wolf among us". Hard to tell how in control we'll be over the game.
#4Animorganimate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 8:45:14 PM
Po-Rayu posted...
Nah.

Really? I understand every game isn't for everyone, but I though this one looked more original than mostly anything else I've seen in a long while.

The graphics are sharp, the colors are cool, the gameplay is different, and the atmosphere looks nice. I'm not sure what the story might be, but this teaser did its job and got me interested in the game.

If it's not your cup of tea though, that's cool.
---
#5Animorganimate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 8:47:23 PM
Yombiee posted...
It kind of looks nice, I hope it to be more like mirrors edge rather than say... "the wolf among us". Hard to tell how in control we'll be over the game.

I agree with that. I'm not looking for a story to click through. I'd like actual gameplay.

I also got a Mirror's Edge vibe, but maybe not as fast paced. Instead of running and jumping all over the place, you'll have to be more precise in choosing your paths and movements.
---
#6Po-RayuPosted 9/3/2014 9:12:46 PM
Animorganimate posted...
Po-Rayu posted...
Nah.

Really? I understand every game isn't for everyone, but I though this one looked more original than mostly anything else I've seen in a long while.

The graphics are sharp, the colors are cool, the gameplay is different, and the atmosphere looks nice. I'm not sure what the story might be, but this teaser did its job and got me interested in the game.

No I meant I'm not going to watch it. I was trying to be funny.
---
27" 2012 iMac | 3.4 ghz i7 Quad Core | 2 GB Dedicated Graphics Card | 32 GB Ram | 3 TB Fusion Drive
#7Animorganimate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 9:16:18 PM
Po-Rayu posted...
Animorganimate posted...
Po-Rayu posted...
Nah.

No I meant I'm not going to watch it. I was trying to be funny.

Oh . . . jokes. I get jokes!

haha
---
#8clowningPosted 9/3/2014 9:45:44 PM
So...that trailer tells me nothing about the game. You climb around.....
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#9YombieePosted 9/4/2014 1:00:03 AM
plot twist: it becomes a survival horror game at night where fire is your only weapon against... "the darkness"
#10Ikari GendoPosted 9/4/2014 4:09:10 AM
Looks like it would be great with Rift support
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA