This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FPS are a boring genre.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FPS are a boring genre.
1 year ago#181
driver892 posted...
Isn't Deus Ex like a stealth/RPG hybrid or something?

Pretty much. Design favors and encourages stealth as experience point gain is based on objectives and exploration rather than killing enemies.

But you can play it how you like, you can use deadly force all thru if you want, with guns, demolitions or melee or combinations of all methods.

That's one thing that makes the game so great, you play it how you like.
1 year ago#182
KillerTruffle posted...
So with all that out of the way, what about Unreal Tournament? Even with bots, it's consistently challenging, super fast-paced, great weapon variety, loads of mods and game modes...

Because UT is even father away form a game I enjoy. I can barely stand CS and you want me to play something that requires even more twitch reflexes?

KillerTruffle posted...
What about Natural Selection II? Community is supposed to be quite civil, and it actually does class-based gameplay pretty well. The commander function is actually pretty useful, and a good commander can turn the tide of a game, especially if his team trusts and listens to him.

When it was in "Beta" I didn't find it interesting. Some gameplay video by the devs turned me off of it.

KillerTruffle posted...
Have you tried Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines? Another FPS/RPG hybrid, but well done, decent story, varied gameplay with the different clan skills and stuff...

I hate Vampires / Zombies so no.

KillerTruffle posted...
Have you tried Borderlands with friends? Basically a FPS version of a lootfest, but with friends playing, it's actually pretty enjoyable.

See the remark about friends. I don't have any.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png Software Engineer
There ain't no getting off this train we're on
1 year ago#183
Worknofun370 posted...
Judgmenl posted...
The community would like to say otherwise.

I'm part of said community and play the game a lot... You don't need to do jack squat with skins if you don't want to.

I'm sorry but even if I don't partake in something it can annoy me and make me want to play the game less. During times when new skins come out people use their alts and make MM hell because they're smurfing on Silver / Nova accounts when they're much higher rank.
---
Any game over 10 years old isn't relevant because it's assumed that if you wanted to play it you've already played it.
1 year ago#184
It honestly is starting to sound more just like personal problems prevent you from enjoying games. Sucks... sorry. The only games you can enjoy are non-repetitive, and the only thing you consider non-repetitive is multiplayer, but you have no friends so you can't play multiplayer...

Maybe find some other hobby besides games if every game sucks for some reason?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
1 year ago#185
Hello ladies, gentlemen and gamers alike

I am pretty new to this forum discussion thing so please don't bash lol. The subject at hand (the topic of this discussion) is about the FPS genre to be boring. May I ask a few questions, sir? Sorry if I missed the whole conversation, 19 pages are tedious to read lol. Of course these questions are intended for the author of this post, and I am sorry if I'm going of topic.

What is your favorite video game genre?

Why do you find FPS to be boring?

Thanks
1 year ago#186
Judgmenl posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
So with all that out of the way, what about Unreal Tournament? Even with bots, it's consistently challenging, super fast-paced, great weapon variety, loads of mods and game modes...

Because UT is even father away form a game I enjoy. I can barely stand CS and you want me to play something that requires even more twitch reflexes?

Far Cry?
Operation Flashpoint?
Arma?
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
1 year ago#187
FPS isn't boring, but yearly cash-ins of the same game that might as well just be a DLC campaign and never brings anything actually new or creative in terms of gameplay are. *cough* *cough* call of duty *cough *cough*

But seriously though FPS shouldn't even be considered a genera in itself. "Genre" should be based on game elements and setting, not perspective. But fallout, skyrim (I know you can play fallout and skyrim in 3rd person, but these games were entirely made with first person in mind), battlefield, halo, bioshock, dishonored, far cry are all fun! (To me anyway)
---
Slayer of Demons
1 year ago#188
TropicMoon10 posted...
I'm not a huge fan of shooters in general but I see the appeal. They can be very fun if creative. Portal and TF2 are some of my favorite games of all time.

Bioshock and Half-Life 2 as well.
---
A tyrant will always find a pretext to his tyranny.
Equality may be difficult to find, but those with knowledge and a broad mind will conquer imbalance.
1 year ago#189
I've noticed that the only kinds of games I play are violent......guess I'm a psychopath.
---
A true cinematic 24 fps experience
1 year ago#190
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Shooters are the Justin Biebers of video games.

No.

Indies becoming AAA titles would be more apt.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. FPS are a boring genre.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived