This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FPS are a boring genre.

#41SpazH3dPosted 9/4/2014 5:53:24 AM
So you're dismissing an entire genre just because you're playing all the idiotic ones that focus on the MP aspect? And you're even dismissing games that are old? Some guy above already mentioned some great games in the FPS genre, and that's not even 5% of it.

Heck, I have you tagged as "only plays CS:GO + Dota 2", so why the hell wouldn't we think of you as a troll right now? Go play those and pretend all other games are bad and boring and old and smelly.
---
- My vision is augmented
#42ClouddxPosted 9/4/2014 6:02:29 AM
How can you be good at CS:GO and suck at other FPS games? One of the first times I played COD after playing CS for a long time I went 62-3; I was accused of hacking and a bunch of other things because ppl just couldn't believe someone could be that good. It was pretty funny, and it was in Black Ops 1. I wish the video still works, but it doesn't because the whole game was recorded.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram // My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AKG Q701 + M50 // Deck 82 // G27 // Qanba Q1 // PS3/360
#43NemerlightPosted 9/4/2014 6:03:35 AM
Problem is that you played Counter Strike. Go play Black Ops1/2 or BF4 or TF2 or Halo 4 or something that wasnt made in 1950s. Old shooters suck and everyone knows it.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#44ClouddxPosted 9/4/2014 6:06:09 AM
Nemerlight posted...
Problem is that you played Counter Strike. Go play Black Ops1/2 or BF4 or TF2 or Halo 4 or something that wasnt made in 1950s. Old shooters suck and everyone knows it.

The problem with newer shooters is that there's no recoil and every bullet fires dead on. It's so easy to hit your target or multiple targets by just holding down the fire button and moving the crosshair to each enemy. In CS this doesn't work as you need to actually aim, wait for the recoil to settle and then fire again. You also can't fire while moving in CS because your aim will be terribly off. This is unlike newer games where run-and-gunning is absolutely possible.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram // My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AKG Q701 + M50 // Deck 82 // G27 // Qanba Q1 // PS3/360
#45jc349Posted 9/4/2014 6:10:38 AM
Clouddx posted...
Nemerlight posted...

The problem with newer shooters is that there's no recoil and every bullet fires dead on. It's so easy to hit your target or multiple targets by just holding down the fire button and moving the crosshair to each enemy. In CS this doesn't work as you need to actually aim, wait for the recoil to settle and then fire again. You also can't fire while moving in CS because your aim will be terribly off. This is unlike newer games where run-and-gunning is absolutely possible.

And this is why newer shooters are easier to be good at. Hence why they are so popular.
#46darthcidPosted 9/4/2014 6:13:59 AM
Howling-Reaper- posted...
wizardmon posted...
pothocket posted...
I think we all know what TC is actually trying to say...

Exactly, there is no hard ruling on how to pluralize a acronym. Some publications would have typed it out "FPSs" or "FPS's" or even "F.P.S.'s" while others would just imply that the S in FPS is for Shooters instead of Shooter.

To sum it up - the clearer usage is the correct usage, and since the topic title is obviously about an entire genre which implies multiple entries you should read it as "First Person Shooters" unless you honestly have problems comprehending the English language.

How does mentioning one specific genre become plural? Would you say reggae are a boring genre, or rom-com are a boring genre?

Lol at wizardmon thinking he knows what he is talking about. TC is talking about a singular genre, "is" is the only correct way.
---
"Prepare for mild to severe discomfort" - Ringabel
#47NemerlightPosted 9/4/2014 6:16:05 AM(edited)
So burst fire is some mad skill that people cant learn how to use?
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#48FRo3tBLo0dPosted 9/4/2014 6:15:52 AM
I use to play nothing but FPS games but now, I haven't been into a FPS in a few years. I don't find them appealing anymore. They're all the same for the most part. I do however understand why people like them and good for them, enjoy what you enjoy.
#49GoldninjaPosted 9/4/2014 6:21:08 AM
I'm not into strategy games like Star/WarCraft. Opinions. We all have them.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#50somebody336Posted 9/4/2014 6:21:22 AM
FPS has been my favorite genre since Doom and I still enjoy all the newer games including CoD or Halo.
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/