This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FPS are a boring genre.

#51ClouddxPosted 9/4/2014 7:27:06 AM(edited)
Nemerlight posted...
So burst fire is some mad skill that people cant learn how to use?

What are you referring to? In CS, even if you burst-fire you'll still be extremely inaccurate especially while moving. The only shot that hits dead on is your first shot and that's while you are standing still. Any movement puts your aim off a ton.

In CS you have to learn how to control the spray if you want to hold down the fire button, but even if you do after a certain amount of bullets(lets say 5) the spray is so out of control you have to stop firing wait a second and begin firing again in order to become accurate.

Most FPS games nowadays don't require any of this. You can move and hold down the fire button; firing full auto and still be extremely accurate. The other problem with newer FPS games is regenerating life and how many bullets a person takes before he/she actually dies. I find most games make it unrealistically hard to kill an enemy; now in games like Quake I don't mind this, but in military games like COD and BF this is totally unacceptable.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram // My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AKG Q701 + M50 // Deck 82 // G27 // Qanba Q1 // PS3/360
#52SkwidsterPosted 9/4/2014 7:34:29 AM
I disagree. TF2, an FPS, is my most played game of all time and I've never really gotten bored of it.
---
...*crawls back into lurker cave*
#53ClouddxPosted 9/4/2014 7:39:02 AM
Skwidster posted...
I disagree. TF2, an FPS, is my most played game of all time and I've never really gotten bored of it.

Yep, and it's still one of the most played FPS games on PC today. With a peak today of 64k players it's in 2nd place for the most played FPS PC game. CS:GO has peaked at 205k players today. I think the FPS genre has some very unique and well make games, but those are few and far between. However once you find one that suites you, you'll be in for hours and hours of fun.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12GB G.Skill Ram // My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M
FiiO e9+17 // AKG Q701 + M50 // Deck 82 // G27 // Qanba Q1 // PS3/360
#54Alex_Of_BurgPosted 9/4/2014 7:40:41 AM
I miss the days when SHOOTER meant SHMUP. I'd love for those to make a comeback. The last one I'm aware of that actually made much of a splash in the US was Ikaruga.
#55SilentS89Posted 9/4/2014 7:51:41 AM
I disagree, many good games are FPS.

Just most of them were made over ten years ago.
#56GunmaN1905Posted 9/4/2014 7:57:15 AM
In CSGO, you after watching someone for 10 rounds, you see if he's a old CS player or some CoD/BF/whatever player.
It's hillarious to see people that can only use surpressed m4, p90 and aug.

And CSGO is much easier than 1.6, which has ruined every other fps for me. They're just too easy.
As cloud said, I've also played some MW2 back in the day. People there just suck and run around like headless chickens with smgs.
#57DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/4/2014 8:01:01 AM(edited)
Alex_Of_Burg posted...
I miss the days when SHOOTER meant SHMUP. I'd love for those to make a comeback. The last one I'm aware of that actually made much of a splash in the US was Ikaruga.

So start buying moar of them?
There's always shmups coming out, usually for cheap. If it's seen as profitable, more people will make them and put advertising money behind them and therefore more of the mainstream will take notice of their existence, and in turn make the genre more profitable.

In CSGO, a lot of guns can be fired full auto from a crouching position provided you compensate for kick. It's actually quite silly watching LMG bullets fly in a tight formation, and mowing down groups of people with headshots from full auto. There's very little actual spread.
In a lot of cases, with lighter weapons, you can actually do this while moving provided you compensate early and either take down your target quickly, or stop after 5~20 rounds or so, depending on the gun. P90 is especially easy to spray with.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#58Ryan SiPosted 9/4/2014 8:00:21 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
I'm not a huge fan of shooters in general but I see the appeal. They can be very fun if creative. Portal and TF2 are some of my favorite games of all time.

Since when is Portal a FPS? The game consists mainly of platforming and solving puzzles. There's barely any "shooting" involved.
#59ToastytoasterPosted 9/4/2014 8:11:09 AM
Fps is a major genre of course it will be talked about quite a lot.

I like fps but I am not all that stuck to it, I prefer rpgs. Bit fps can be a lot of fun with the right games
#60ToastytoasterPosted 9/4/2014 8:12:46 AM
Ryan Si posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
I'm not a huge fan of shooters in general but I see the appeal. They can be very fun if creative. Portal and TF2 are some of my favorite games of all time.

Since when is Portal a FPS? The game consists mainly of platforming and solving puzzles. There's barely any "shooting" involved.

Yea first portal is an fps then deus ex isnt a fps lol giy needs to learn his genres!