This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FPS are a boring genre.

#61Worknofun370Posted 9/4/2014 7:13:09 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
In CSGO, a lot of guns can be fired full auto from a crouching position provided you compensate for kick.

Pretty much any auto weapon you can do this with. Even the AK.

DarkZV2Beta posted...
It's actually quite silly watching LMG bullets fly in a tight formation

Also true of most weapons. Once you figure out the spray pattern it's just about aiming at the right spot for the spray to go where you want.

and mowing down groups of people with headshots from full auto. There's very little actual spread.

Well, if you're downing groups of people with full auto spray on the regular... you should probably try playing with people who don't suck at the game.

DarkZV2Beta posted...
In a lot of cases, with lighter weapons, you can actually do this while moving provided you compensate early and either take down your target quickly, or stop after 5~20 rounds or so, depending on the gun. P90 is especially easy to spray with.

Also completely true. But again, if you're able to do this on the regular, you should try to up the competition you're playing against. If you're playing competitive and you're getting matched up against people who you're able to spray all the time... well.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#62SilverSwiftPosted 9/4/2014 7:18:27 AM(edited)
That1Guyy posted...
Opinions are fun. You aren't required to like FPS games, and the people that do like them aren't required to like other things (not to say that they don't, though).

If you don't like it, then you don't like it. You don't need to act like it's a weird thing for other people to have different opinions about a genre.

Truth. Although it's an obvious troll attempt, given away by the 'games over 10 years old' remark.
---
Currently playing: Super Meat Boy, Dust: An Elysian Tale, AI War.
#63FrozenEvil1Posted 9/4/2014 7:18:30 AM
That's why there is more than 1 genre of game. Not everyone has the same opinion. I've played every genre, and I can't stand fighting games. Mortal Kombat, SF... they're boring as dirt. But a lot of people like them.

Try to keep in mind, your opinion only matters to you and it definitely doesn't make it true for everyone.
#64DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/4/2014 7:19:24 AM
I find the AK has too much lr spread to be viable for that outside of close range, at which point you can just fire bursts at the upper body and stay mobile, or crouch and go for the head.
It does work pretty well on M4, though, silenced or not.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#65Scared_to_DeathPosted 9/4/2014 7:20:59 AM
I don't like fps either mainly because you don't get to see your character be awesome like in 3rd person perspective.

In the end, to each their own
---
Impatiently waiting for The Evil Within......
#66pothocketPosted 9/4/2014 7:23:04 AM
Scared_to_Death posted...
I don't like fps either mainly because you don't get to see your character be awesome like in 3rd person perspective.

In the end, to each their own

That's right, to each their own. Which is why I prefer being my character while looking at the environment rather than looking at my character look at the environment. First person games are just much more interesting to me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#67Worknofun370Posted 9/4/2014 7:23:23 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I find the AK has too much lr spread to be viable for that outside of close range, at which point you can just fire bursts at the upper body and stay mobile, or crouch and go for the head.

I also guess it depends on what you mean by "close range." Cause pretty much any gun sucks when it comes to spraying at any type of legit distance.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#68GunmaN1905Posted 9/4/2014 7:25:27 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
It does work pretty well on M4, though, silenced or not.

Or you can just say:
AK is for skilled players only.
#69XtremeWRATH360Posted 9/4/2014 7:30:12 AM
I can pretty much enjoy any FPS that isn't a CoD/Battlefield game
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#70DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/4/2014 7:31:17 AM
It's a cop out to just say "this gun is for skilled players" or "that gun is for unskilled players". Doesn't actually discuss the mechanics of the gun at all.
By close range, I mean really close range. Maybe the length of the hall that connects the long hall to the front of double doors in dust at most.
On the other hand, with the faster LMG, you could go full auto and be accurate enough to span the long hall to the bomb site from the wooden crates and have no problem with bullet spread. Could even go further.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross