This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When will they arrest the Microsoft phone scammer?

#1Mr kittyPosted 9/4/2014 8:00:06 AM
It's been years & they still calls. What the authority are doing?

I got them on the phone at least 10 times for the past 3 years. They must have a large group of scammers on the phone just for that to the point that a lot of people know them.
---
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|11TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
#2Jprime666Posted 9/4/2014 8:00:43 AM
Trying a little too hard.
---
Fragrance of Dark Coffee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
#3SetzeraPosted 9/4/2014 8:31:44 AM
Once Microsoft is shut down for good, it should stop.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | HD 7870 2GB | 8GB | Win7 64 | ~ ~ ~ | PS4 | PS3 | Wii U |
#4KillerTrufflePosted 9/4/2014 8:33:56 AM
First, they're not from Microsoft. They're calling from Windows. Don't confuse them, because if you ask "so you're calling from Microsoft," they'll say "no, I'm from Windows."

Second, it's kind of hard to locate or prosecute people who are almost certainly calling from another country - likely India.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5KaiserWarriorPosted 9/4/2014 8:41:42 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
First, they're not from Microsoft. They're calling from Windows. Don't confuse them, because if you ask "so you're calling from Microsoft," they'll say "no, I'm from Windows."

Second, it's kind of hard to locate or prosecute people who are almost certainly calling from another country - likely India.

I kept one tied up for about half an hour one time, when I was bored, by asking him what port the supposed "messages from your machine" were coming from. Thirty minutes of explaining the concept of network ports to this poor bastard before I finally let him know that I was on to his game.

And yeah, they're all calling from India.
#6lizziefaustPosted 9/4/2014 7:56:54 PM
Got a call like that from a 520 phone number before and the caller claimed they monitored a virus in my computer. I thought it was a prank call but the caller was serious and he demanded I download a teamviewer app so he could get into my computer and fix the problem. What a liar! I didn't feel like talking to him anymore so I just told him the truth. I didn't have a computer at home. He hung up.
#7lizziefaustPosted 9/6/2014 8:49:06 PM
I reported the phone number to www.callercenter.com yesterday just to share a warning. When I checked on the post today, it's got a total of 5 complaints already. Can the authorities check on this information and go after the scammers?