This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has there been a game that could justify its high minimum requirements?

#1AsucaHayashiPosted 9/4/2014 12:23:20 PM
read: minimum requirements.

so something like crysis shouldn't really count since you could still play it with decent hardware for the time even if it looked like ass.

depending on how great a game like DR3 supposedly looks, i'm not even supposed to be able to boot it up with my 7850 which is just... ugh.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#2SinisterSlayPosted 9/4/2014 12:27:00 PM
X3:TC had high requirements and justifiably so.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/4/2014 12:33:42 PM
If there is none. Them how cam you say that the requirements in the other games are not justified. Clearly, no one is doing a better job. Does that not justify it in itself ?
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | Kingston V300 120 GB | Corsair VX550 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 300r | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Zowie EC1 Evo White
#4AsucaHayashi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 12:39:42 PM
obviously there should be some criteria you can judge from like resolution, fps, texture quality etc. when comparing it to other games.

like if i can run metro on high with at least 30fps in 1080p, then why shouldn't i be able to start up DR3(don't know if i can obv) in 720p on low with 30fps? unless of course it just looks that good even with those settings.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#5Dante200XPosted 9/4/2014 6:54:34 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
DR3

Dead Rising 3? Not a good example since that game doesn't run well at all. That's just a problem with the horrible port.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#6capgamerPosted 9/4/2014 6:59:26 PM
Yes, Dwarf Fortress.

It might be ASCII, which would lead you to believe that it would require next to no resources but because it has to calculate so many things simultaneously...
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown