This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to rip music out of a video, while keeping the voices+SFX?

#1GamingLabletPosted 9/4/2014 4:53:52 PM
EX: Lets say, that a person hears a song he likes from an anime or TV show. The issue is, that song is unreleased and there are no plans to release it in any sort of album or w/e.

Is it possible for a user to say, isolate that particular song and rip it in good quality? Without hearing any voices or sound effects?

Or alternatively, someone wants to get rid of music out of a video and keep the voices and Sound effects
#2GarquillPosted 9/4/2014 5:00:29 PM(edited)
well there's software that can remove vocals from songs with varying degrees of success.

sound effects though? I don't know about that man.

it would have to be very tediously manually done, or recomposed
---
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#3KillerTrufflePosted 9/4/2014 4:59:47 PM
The simple answer is no. If you have to ask, that already says you don't have the skills to pull something like that off, and even people who know what they're doing won't get something with the quality you're thinking of.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4WhySoMeanPosted 9/5/2014 4:45:34 AM(edited)
with certain 5.1 audio dvd's, it's possible to remove the music. While the sound effects and voices are on one track.

So it would be like

Track 1: Voices+SFX

Track 2: Music

Get rid of track 2 and bam

via sony vegas
#5Pepys MonsterPosted 9/5/2014 10:11:03 AM
Is it possible to rip music out of a video, while keeping the voices+SFX?

Yes.

Is it possible for a user to say, isolate that particular song and rip it in good quality? Without hearing any voices or sound effects?

No.
---
i7-4790K | EVGA GTX 780 3GB | 16GB G.Skill DDR3-1866 | 1TB Crucial M550 SSD | 4TB WD Black HDD | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Antec EA-650 Platinum
#6KillerTrufflePosted 9/5/2014 10:16:30 AM
WhySoMean posted...
with certain 5.1 audio dvd's, it's possible to remove the music. While the sound effects and voices are on one track.

So it would be like

Track 1: Voices+SFX

Track 2: Music

Get rid of track 2 and bam

via sony vegas

That's a fairly obvious method, although it's pretty uncommon for music to be on a totally separate, isolated track like that. Even with 5.1 and 7.1 audio, the music and effects are typically mixed down together for each channel (with the rear channels often not having much/any of the music, to keep it in front).

Yes, there are also programs like Karaoke programs that will try to remove vocals from songs, but they don't do all that great a job, and definitely don't leave you with "good-sounding" music you'd enjoy listening to.

For specifically what the TC is asking, I'm still going to say no, he's not really going to accomplish what he's hoping to. At least not with current technology...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#7GamingLablet(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2014 5:25:21 PM
maybe in 10 years?