Post your NES confession of shame here!

#11SS4kronos33Posted 7/15/2012 5:08:01 PM
i own the wheres waldo game
#12CultCryptikPosted 7/15/2012 6:35:14 PM
I still blow into my cartridges to get them working.

haha same here
#13LuigisBroPosted 7/15/2012 9:10:13 PM
I bought Wrestlemania at full price
---
TGS predictions - slimmer PS3 - $199, 360 - $199, WiiU - $399, new GameBoy
#14zenkai powerPosted 7/15/2012 9:33:22 PM
Kazgotflred posted...
i still use the konami code to beat contra

This.
---
Freemasons run the country
#15NES_XpertPosted 7/15/2012 11:57:22 PM
I convinced a neighbor to get a Sega Master System because I wanted to be the only kid on my street to have an NES lol It made me the cool kid.
#16vectorman5Posted 7/16/2012 12:55:35 AM
I don't like the first metroid.

Non-NES related: I died eight times on the first goomba when boight nsmb the other day (I'm not used to factoring in vertical jumps)
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
#17Zeppster497Posted 7/16/2012 2:41:29 AM

Same with me, it just hasn't aged that well. The funny thing is, the enhanced remake of it, Zero Mission, is my favorite Metroid game, and I absolutely love the series... I just can't appreciate the original as more than a starter of a great series, it's just not very fun for me :/

Beyond that, I've never played Ghosts 'n Goblins.
---
Don't stop .
PSN: ZX497
#18TerotrousPosted 7/16/2012 9:25:14 AM
vectorman5 posted...

I don't consider this shameful, NES Metroid sucks. I rented it when it was new and I thought that even then. It's just not very well-designed, the level design is completely random and filled with too many empty vertical corridors, and the lack of any kind of map is idiotic. Sure, it had some good ideas, but it wasn't until Super Metroid that they were able to refine the gameplay into something that was actually fun.

Anyway, I've never beaten the NES version of FF1. I've started it like a hundred times, but for whatever reason I always get sidetracked or my save gets wiped out somehow. I have beaten the GBA version, but it's drastically different.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Biker Mice From Mars"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#19Cloud_CPosted 7/16/2012 9:50:24 AM
Vararesande posted...
I never use continues.

That's not really shameful... I actually think you should be proud of that!

I also frequently blow into my cartridges, it's just second nature now... :P
I'll even blow in it before I insert it the first time, just to be sure it'll work right away.

Some personal shames:
-I used an online map to find the 7th, 8th and 9th dungeons in LoZ 2nd quest (and some heart pieces)... It's shameful because it's an adventure game about exploration, you're not supposed to look at the "answers".
-I never got past the 1st stage in Double Dragon 3, even though I can clear DD2 with 2 lives... I'm a total noob without the Knee move...
-Despite owning Bubble Bobble 2 (which costed me a hefty sum), I almost never played it (played about 15 min until I realized multiplayer was s***). I'm ashamed to own such a rare game but giving it no love...
---
- I am Malth. You will never get past me.
BZZZZZZ *burst in flames
#20U29103987Posted 7/16/2012 5:45:53 PM
I've never owned an NES