The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Geass R2 Ending Discussion

#1AmuroNT1Posted 9/28/2008 1:59:58 AM
This is where we discuss the ending of Code Geass R2.

So...discuss.
---
GnBS/KoC/GFAMG/FAITH/Junk Guild/DPBT
Geass doesn't suck just because you dont pay attention. -aguero
#2jroaPosted 9/28/2008 2:19:45 AM
I enjoyed the episode greatly, at first...but the lack of answers to many questions does tend to work against it.

For example...I suppose Lelouch is alive and with C.C. going into seclusion, going by the last scene?

Way to pull a fast one on us, Taniguchi. It's not terribly clear, but that would be the ultimate last minute twist. Needed a little more expansion if that was the intention though. Too much shock value in exchange for little reward.

Also...did Kallen actually understand anything? That depends on the dialogue, really...she seemed to come to terms with the result, in any case.
#3theflowofchiPosted 9/28/2008 2:21:42 AM
CELISSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!
#4theflowofchiPosted 9/28/2008 2:27:53 AM
bah posted wrong thread, just come back to main thread, we're done w/ spoilers too. we keep this one going too.

i just posted there that boo, the virgin rule didnt work this time =/
#5Celiss GalveaPosted 9/28/2008 6:36:26 AM
But good to know Taniguchi still believes in "The Protagonist Always Wins" (`b;;;)b

For example...I suppose Lelouch is alive and with C.C. going into seclusion, going by the last scene?

That probably depends on whether, like some 2chers, you believe that the cart-driver was actually Lelouch in disguise, and that Nunnally was able to "see" the whole truth only because Lelouch had the Code (see: season 1 C.C./Lelouch/Suzaku Shock Image)

On the other hand, C.C. might have been talking to Lelouch through the World of C (you see her looking up towards the heavens), which would mean he is 100% dead.

Also...did Kallen actually understand anything? That depends on the dialogue, really...she seemed to come to terms with the result, in any case.

She understood everything the moment Zero-Suzaku showed up. She explains Lelouch's plan to the viewers in her final monologue.

---
Currently playing: The World Ends With You (going nowhere)
Currently reading: Good Omens
#6flou24Posted 9/28/2008 6:51:36 AM
Hi, I'm alive :D

Anyway, I was really satisfied with the ending and the question (if it IS a question) of whether Lelouch lived or not. Either way, C.C. was talking to him somehow and I'm good with that. The only thing I wish they had shown was C.C.'s real name. I'm sure that'll be reveal in magazine interviews, or something of the like, but still--

In any case, I loved how things came full circle with Lelouch's "Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot" resulting in his self-imposed assassination. And the scene of Lelouch and Nunnally as he was dying and she finally returned the "I love you" was really touching.

Ultimately, there'll be people who'll be upset at the somewhat-inconclusive ending or the pacing of past episode, but personally, I feel throughout R2, Taniguchi and the production team never really lost touch with the central themes of Geass. Also, the ending fell in line with what they had been hinting at throughout the series: becoming the greater evil to get rid of a lesser evil, Lelouch's MO "Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot", the creation of a kinder world for Nunnally, etc.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied :D
#7Celiss GalveaPosted 9/28/2008 7:15:38 AM
I don't think I want to know what C.C.'s real name is anymore. Now that we've come so far it might be more meaningful if we never find out, though that's probably just me. No matter what it is people will complain, anyway ("Catherine!? That's awful, she's more of an Elizabeth!"). Leaving it a mystery, like the contents of Rolo's locket, will probably be for the best.

Not ending the story with any real pairing for Lelouch also falls under this "Nobody gets to complain" move, I think. Taniguchi, he's a smart man.

Major spoilers for ending of Macross Frontier!!
Though in the case of Macross Frontier it pisses me off greatly. Oh well, the show hasn't ended yet... Go Sheryl!

I've gone back to the 2ch threads now that R2 is over (I missed the threads sooo much ><) and I think what amuses me most is the fact that most 2chers seem completely baffled as to why Macross Frontier will continue in an upcoming movie while Code Geass seems to have ended for good. Apparently with the way things were going in episodes 24 of both series the opposite seemed more likely, and I don't blame them because I was secretly thinking that as well >__>
End Spoilers for Macross Frontier

---
Currently playing: The World Ends With You (going nowhere)
Currently reading: Good Omens
#8RADRADPosted 9/28/2008 9:50:30 AM
I don't think I want to know what C.C.'s real name is anymore. Now that we've come so far it might be more meaningful if we never find out, though that's probably just me. No matter what it is people will complain, anyway ("Catherine!? That's awful, she's more of an Elizabeth!"). Leaving it a mystery, like the contents of Rolo's locket, will probably be for the best.

I miss you, Celiss. You and your... being absolutely right.

Somehow the people that are vocally complaining we didn't get the name will most likely not be worthy to know it, as they'll complain about THAT.

Well, like you guys, I was rather irate about the middle section of R2, but it all came together in such a marvelous way.

I love Nunnally.
I love Lelouch.
I... love Suzaku as Zero.
I love Orange diving out of his Knightmare just to get to Anya.
I love Gino saving Kallen (I hate you, but damnit, you saved her, so I have to owe you...)

As much as I hate Ougi, Viletta deserves to be happy, and get married, so... love that.

This is a series that's really going to go unparalled for a while in its majesty. (Unless you're one of those really REALLY big of Gurren Lagann). It brought everyone together, for better or for worse. Love it or hate it, you can't help but feel we're never going to get another anime like this again.
---
PSN ID: RADRAD1985
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/RADRAD/Da20Qiao20art.jpg
#9theflowofchiPosted 9/28/2008 11:40:31 AM
i dont like that CC did nothing; i honestly expected the zero requiem plan to be kill the emperor, be a hero, unite the world; i mean come on, zero's masked it's easy. But then, suzaku appears does his h4x, and we still dont have an explanation for that; were they just rubbing it in our faces? <_< CC is back to being a lonely immortal; i'm not happy about that either. Would have been nice to hear her name, but that wasnt the most important thing. What about geass, code, etc? what about the promise to make her happy?

Kallen took her guren key w/ her as a charm; BOOOO; she has nothing except a picture of lelouch w/ ashford; that's not cherishing his memory at all. Thought we'd get at least a live your part too type feeling like from the SE4 char song lyrics. We should have at least seen his old ashford jacket on her chair or something. He died, Nunna cried, and then no one was shown to honor/cherish his memory after that. would have been nice if he had left a letter to nunnally /kallen, espeically since they had both planned cc and suzaku to be alive.

Totally dicking on the BK was unnecessary after capturing them; they werent going to stop him; could have told them the truth after that. (not that i'm complaining, just an observation, but was it really necessary to make kallen/nunnally suffer so?)

So does Suzaku speak as Zero at all i wonder? he could be using a Voice changer, but we never heard him say anything <_< leave all the talking to schneizel now?
#10jroaPosted 9/28/2008 12:03:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]