[Pub]

#51nastynate3118Posted 1/13/2013 11:18:59 PM
Boom second page
---
Go Bears! Go Bulls! Go Cubs! Go Blackhawks!
Currently playing: Final Fantasy III (NES)
#52Just Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:31:28 AM
*Thinly veiled bump post*

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY: 095 - 067
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#53nastynate3118Posted 2/5/2013 2:02:29 AM
Eh why not
---
Go Bears! Go Bulls! Go Cubs! Go Blackhawks!
Currently playing: Final Fantasy VI
#54Just Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:25:06 PM
I feel like I should have some comment to make on the recent baseball news, but.. honestly it doesn't really change my opinion of anyone. So.. I'll rant instead:

I don't begrudge anyone that did what was encouraged by the fans, the writers and the league back in the 90's. If I had to pick disgust to shell out over that time frame, it would be with all the writers and PR guys that all turned on those guys after raising them up as heroes even though they all like to claim that "everyone knew what was going on."

But breaking the rules is a whole different issue. Rose should be in the hall as a player with a footnote that says that he was banned as a manager for gambling on games.
Clemens, Bonds, they should just be in. Period.

If we're going to hold their alleged past against them, for doing things that are now considered illegal, then we should go back and wipe every record of anyone that might've potentially used anything that is now banned. It's only fair.

Now guys like Manny, who broke the rules (multiple times, no less) they should do whatever they want to guys like that. They actually broke the rules. Those other guys didn't do anything that guys in the Hall before them didn't do their selves.

Oh, and Youk's a Yankee.
Saw he got some heat for his comment about always being a Red Sock-
well no ****, of course he'll always be considered a member of the Red Sox.
He was one of the guys that finally won that team a World Series. He was there for 9 years. I know "Yankee fans" will want to hate him, but he's a serious upgrade from what Alex gave us last year, so we should be thankful he was willing to come to our team. Would you people rather have Nunez forced into third? I mean, granted it couldn't be much worse than him at short, but...

---
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#55Just Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 3:49:02 PM
Grandy's down for.. 10 weeks, I think I saw.
Better to get an injury out of the way now rather than later, I guess. Hopefully he comes back in and gets into form without issue.

---
#56Just Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 12:50:22 PM
"I realized that air bags actually do exist," Ichiro said. "Obviously, I've never seen one before. You can trust the car makers that they do make good air bags and safe cars."

Saw that on the article about the incident he was in.
...It's an interesting thought, really.

In highschool, I blacked out at the wheel of my father's truck and it totaled. The bag in the wheel did not deploy, it was only a seat-belt that I don't remember putting on that saved me from injury.

So it is an interesting thought to discover people have. "Are they really in there?" Yeah, sure, if they aren't and somethin' happens you could get the company- assuming you live to do it, but....

---
#57Just Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:57:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIfiPtH_cZ0

---
#58Just Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 11:39:33 PM
'got mixed feelings about the start of the season..
Opening Day is typically a sign of the new year for me.. it's the pick-me-up that finally gets me feeling motivated to really deal with the year in an optimistic manner. Not to say that I don't try to make the best of the first three months, but Opening Day is the start of the year in my book.

This year's Red Sox/Yankee match up could well be the battle for forth place.. and that's not something I'm accustomed to dealing with. Now, I'm a realist, I know that every team 'even the Yankees' will face highs and lows, but in the back of my mind I can't help but think of the 90 loses that the Red Sox went through* and wonder if we wont match it this year.

*Wasn't happy to see that either, for what it's worth. I want the Yankees to beat the Red Sox, but it doesn't mean anything if the Red Sox aren't any good. I'll never understand people that want the Yankees to be bad- Baseball's better when they're relevant- the same goes with Red Sox. It holds true for all the teams save for a certain team in Florida that can't draw fans if they give the tickets away..

I don't really know where I intended to go with this post. All I really know is that I can't help but see Nunez at Short Stop as a really ill omen of things to come this year. I don't hate him, I want to see him do well- but as I said before, he's just awful in the field.

---
#59Just Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 11:53:55 PM
Always good to see the guys win when on m' birthday.
Will be a nice moment to look back on in my memories of watching Mo' play, even if there wasn't a save situation.

Still in for a long season, but the "new" guys seem to be fitting in well- someone needs to talk management into letting Youk get some facial hair, though. So weird seeing him like that.

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY: 001 - 003
#60Just Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 2:06:40 PM
Better start than I expected from either team to this point, so credit where credit is due- props to them for proving me and a lot of other people wrong. I really expected both teams to get off to a slow start and have to catch up with the rest of the division. (my comment about fourth was expect that injuries would come in late, not early and keep at least one of them from keeping pace.)

Good on all the guys for showing that they're earning their pay and shouldn't have been counted out.

I wanted to expect this out of the Yankees, because I'm a fan and I'm bias like that- but I really expected the BoSox were probably gonna take a year and I didn't think we'd do much better. Cheers for both teams.

Anyway, repetition aside, the Captain's out til at least the All-Star break. Sucks, man. I didn't expect him to make it to Opening Day, but that sucks. I was hoping to see him make a run at Rose- didn't think it would happen, but I wanted to see how close he got and just see what happened.

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY: 008 - 005