Law and Order: Special GameFAQs Unit

#31Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2007 2:55:46 PM
The great thing about being a Law and Order writer is that you can take a big story and spin it into an episode with that sexy little "the following story does not depict any true people". Anyone remember that SVU with that celebrity Mike Something and molesting little kids in the "Treasure Room"? Hmmm...

Anyway...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/30/thompson.2008/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Sources: Thompson to take big step toward White House run

Heh... I think it'd be pretty cool, anyway.
---
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
#32StarFighters76Posted 6/11/2007 5:41:46 PM
I suppose. Wonder what they'll come up with for next season on all 3 shows? I think they done up about all they could so far.
---
If it's meant to be, then it's not meant for me.
If it's not meant to be, then it's meant for me.
#33StarFighters76Posted 6/26/2007 7:47:06 PM
Okay, new season is in 3 months. Who's ready!?
---
#34Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2007 5:31:23 PM
The newer episodes have been pretty disappointing, to be honest. It just seems like they're trying too hard, and that whole ordeal with Benson's brother wasn't as interesting as I'm sure the show's producers had hoped it would be. What I'd always liked about the Law and Order series is that, while there was some character development and back story, it usually wasn't the focus of the episode, so we could learn bits and pieces without it seeming like a episode was dedicated to X-Character's life history. I also wouldn't mind seeing more of Munch and Fin, they're by far my favorite characters. >_>

But they're bring that Brooklyn cop back as a regular cast member, so that should be pretty cool. Just as long as he drops that "Yo this is how we do it in Brooklyn" attitude. If he's going to have a large role in the show, hopefully he won't be so serious.

That's the problem with the original Law and Order. Without a Briscoe/Fontana to make jokes and lighten up the mood, the show isn't nearly as fun to watch. Get rid of the chick and demote Green back to Rookie Cop and get a funnier Vet Cop. I remember Anthony Anderson guest starred in one of the shows -- I think I'd like to see him as a main character.
---
#35StarFighters76Posted 7/17/2007 8:20:13 PM
The newer episodes have been pretty disappointing, to be honest. It just seems like they're trying too hard, and that whole ordeal with Benson's brother wasn't as interesting as I'm sure the show's producers had hoped it would be. What I'd always liked about the Law and Order series is that, while there was some character development and back story, it usually wasn't the focus of the episode, so we could learn bits and pieces without it seeming like a episode was dedicated to X-Character's life history. I also wouldn't mind seeing more of Munch and Fin, they're by far my favorite characters. >_>

But they're bring that Brooklyn cop back as a regular cast member, so that should be pretty cool. Just as long as he drops that "Yo this is how we do it in Brooklyn" attitude. If he's going to have a large role in the show, hopefully he won't be so serious.

From what I know, Fin is not going to be in the next season, although with how the season finale went, it's hard to tell. That new guy is suppose to replace him.

That's the problem with the original Law and Order. Without a Briscoe/Fontana to make jokes and lighten up the mood, the show isn't nearly as fun to watch. Get rid of the chick and demote Green back to Rookie Cop and get a funnier Vet Cop.

I dunno, I like the development.

SPOILERS

But at the beginning of this last season, didn't that female cop say that Fontana retired? He's only been on the show (and in that police department) for 2 years. O_o

I remember Anthony Anderson guest starred in one of the shows -- I think I'd like to see him as a main character.

That was SVU, only seen that episode twice.

Now I am waiting paitently till the new season of SVU comes on. The season finale was such a cliffhanger, that I want to know how that all ends.

---
#36StarFighters76Posted 7/27/2007 8:17:44 PM
Bump?
---
#37slobrPosted 7/29/2007 8:50:13 AM
I wasn't really following SVU for a while, and when I saw that episode I though they were ending the show. >_>

Dammit, now I can't wait to see the new season, but I'll probably miss it. >_<
---
- All I want is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited cat turds.
- ߮
#38Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2007 8:10:43 AM
Fin isn't going to be in the new season? Where'd you hear this?

I know the trial put him in a bad spot, but not enough to get him to quit or be fired. In fact, it seemed like almost everyone else was in line to lose their jobs.

Just two more months...
---
#39StarFighters76Posted 8/13/2007 1:55:17 PM
I heard somewheres he was gonna be replaced. But would they even have room for 9 cast members? Wouldn't that be too many people for work at the station?
---
#40StarFighters76Posted 8/24/2007 6:28:10 PM
WOOHOO!

Just another month till SVU premiere!
---