Law and Order: Special GameFAQs Unit

#41StarFighters76Posted 9/2/2007 11:29:36 AM
It's getting ever so close.
---
If it's meant to be, then it's not meant for me.
If it's not meant to be, then it's meant for me.
#42Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2007 2:42:23 PM
Just under three weeks now.
---
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
#43StarFighters76Posted 9/15/2007 5:54:14 PM
Just another 10 days ^_^
---
#44StarFighters76Posted 9/18/2007 11:05:08 AM
L&O:CI is now on syndication on a local network here (and soon SVU will be on weekends here). It's funny though, CI is the worst of three IMO yet it has the best remix for the theme of the three. Irony?
---
#45Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2007 6:19:38 PM
The new season began last night. Personally, I was a little disappointed.

*spoilers*

At first, I liked the idea of Munch becoming the new CO, because it would allow the show to work in the Lake without losing any of the four main detectives. Besides, Munch is one of my favorite characters, and he'd been getting less and less air time as of late.

But really, after that it became pretty dull. The actual story seemed like it was just being weird for the sake of weird - and the Law and Orders have used the multiple personality idea quite a few times already. And besides that, it pretty much skipped over everything from the previous season, summarizing it in about two sentences. In fact, it seemed like Cragen being reassigned was thrown in at the last minute as their way of showing the impact of the previous season's events, but he's brought back at the end, making the whole thing moot. And to top it off, their new character had all of ten lines.

Like I said, if I had to sum up the season premier in a word, "disappointing" would be it. After having built up the characters' side-stories for most of season eight, all of it was abandoned. You can't go with a story for that long and then just go back to the traditional Law and Order format, where the character's back stories aren't the focus of the show.

I was also hoping they wouldn't spend so much time on Stabler/Benson. You have (now) three other detectives that, in my opinion, are much more interesting and less annoying that the former two, so use them.

I'm only so critical of you because I love you, SVU. Please stop hurting me like this. =(
---
#46StarFighters76Posted 10/3/2007 3:50:59 PM
The season premiere was twisted to say the least. This recent episode had a weird ending.
---
#47StarFighters76Posted 10/14/2007 10:28:01 AM
So, thoughts on the new season currently?
---
#48Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2007 8:22:30 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment. Since the first episode, the following two were much better (even though the computer game one was pretty bizarre). Still, it worked in more of the characters - including Lake, who I'm liking more and more - and was more focused on the actual crime as opposed to Benson and Stabler whining about their lives.

I have a feeling the show's going to delve into Stabler's marriage more, but so far Season 9 is turning out to be pretty good.
---
#49StarFighters76Posted 10/28/2007 4:09:24 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to pay attention to all the character development (hopefully a little more will come into play), but I'm enjoying what I'm seeing so far.
---
#50StarFighters76Posted 11/10/2007 8:53:05 PM
SPOILER

SPACE

That guy from the recently new episode, the crazy guy who was in jail, kinda looked like Chucky.
---
TEMP SIG:
1 day till quite possibly the best concert ever!