Law and Order: Special GameFAQs Unit

#51StarFighters76Posted 11/23/2007 11:27:01 PM
Missed last weeks episode, but hopefully I'll catch Tuesday's episode when I'm in the hospital.
---
Currently under construction.
#52Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2007 3:35:06 PM
*** SVU 11/27 episode and original Law and Order spoilers ***

Pretty good episode last night. The plot and flow was kind of a mess, but it was a change of pace and I actually liked it. And again, occasionally taking a step away and focusing a little on the characters isn't a bad thing, it just shouldn't be the focus of the series.

I thought for sure Elliot's wife was going to die, though. The car accident scene was reminiscent of the Law and Order episode where Claire Kincaid was hit by a drunk driver. Plus, I didn't know for sure, but I figured that they made Elliot's wife pregnant because the actor that plays her was actually pregnant, and killing her would be a convenient way of letting her go for maternity leave. There were about a half-dozen times where it looked like she was going to die, but it never happened.
---
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
#53StarFighters76Posted 12/10/2007 10:47:26 AM
Last week was obviously twisted, but I need to get caught up with the two episodes prior.
---
Currently under construction.
#54StarFighters76Posted 12/23/2007 2:59:36 PM
Super size bump
---
How much is a large water? - 50 cents
How much is a free water? - O_o
#55Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2008 2:18:28 PM
The new season of classic Law and Order began last night, and after all of the changes I think the show's better off. Nothing will beat the Briscoe/Curtis McCoy/Ross combinations, but I'm glad they got rid of that chick that was the new young detective, and Michael Cutter doesn't seem like a bad replacement for McCoy.

Last season was kind of bland, and I blame Nina Cassady for most of it. Watching a few reruns when they had that New Year's marathon reminded me of why I loved the show in the beginning. As serious as it was, it always had bits that were funny to lighten the mood - mainly during the first half. That's why Briscoe is and always will be my favorite L&O character, because nothing beats those cheesy one-liners that ended the cold opening. >_>

I didn't really get a real sense of who Cyrus Lupo is supposed to be, but so far he doesn't seem too bad, and anything's better than Cassidy.

And I can foresee Michael Cutter becoming annoying if he continues to be the shoot-first-ask-later kind of guy he was in the season premiere, but as long as they don't overdo it, I think it can work.

It also helps that every time I look at Cutter, I think of Thomas Wayne from Batman Begins. >_>
---
#56StarFighters76Posted 1/18/2008 4:11:40 PM
I've been missing out on Law & Order Classic except the other night, which was just weird altogether.

Can't wait for SVU enxt week, looks rather interesting, and another character plot development ^_^

SPOILER SPACE ?

Apparently Benson has some secret that she never shared beforehand in the series, that is related to the plot of the episode. I bet I know what it is, but I won't say anything quite yet ;)
---
#57Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 11:43:17 AM
So now that Fred Thompson dropped out of the presidential race, can he go back to being the district attorney? He's a lot more interesting as one than in real life. >_>
---
#58StarFighters76Posted 2/2/2008 7:58:31 PM
I just saw the episode "Paternity" and OMG was it ****ing awesome. The last 20 minutes was a definite tear-jerker for sure.
---
#59StarFighters76Posted 2/11/2008 10:11:35 PM
Super discussion bump
---
#60Tarrun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2008 4:09:55 PM
New episode of L&O Classic tonight! =D
---