How bad are the dungeon mazes? It's the only thing holding me back from buying.

#1rizz1010Posted 11/4/2010 10:05:40 AM
From reviews, I noticed 2 bad things:
1) Confusing dungeon mazes, where there are lots of dead ends and lots of similar looking areas.
2) Lots of backtracking when you get to the end of a dungeon.

These 2 things are quickly making me lose interest in getting the game. I think I would actually like the way the combat works, and the music sounds great. And I see you can save anywhere too.

How bad are those 2 negatives? With the save feature, do you tend to save, try a path, and then reload if your path was a deadend?

What are your opinions of the maze dungeons in this game?
In other games, do you tend to like or dislike maze-like dungeons, and which games did you like/disklike them in?

---
~Conquered: Rocket:Robot on Wheels, Turok 3 (N64) ~Now Playing: Tetris (NES), Goemon's Great Adventure, Vigilante 8 (N64)
http://www.backloggery.com/rizz
#2The AdmiralPosted 11/10/2010 11:02:07 AM
I haven't played this game in about a year, but I do not recall these points being annoying to the point where it ruined the game. A couple of the later levels are large and non-linear, so it is possible to miss a chest and need to travel a great distance back, but most of the game is fine. This is, of course, assuming that you are used to the level of exploration that was required for games during the 8/16-bit eras.
---
- The Admiral