Hows Final Fantasy Tactics War Of Lions PSN version?

#11nmagodPosted 7/4/2011 12:36:01 PM
despite the additions to WotL, I seriously recommend getting the PSOne Classic instead
---
"If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk." - Conan O'Brien
#12Master_GamerPosted 7/5/2011 1:32:37 AM
This. It's a very, very solid game provided you know what you're getting yourself into in terms of the slowdown issues. They are VERY obvious, but eventually you can just tune them out. The game's story and gameplay are more than worth dealing with the slowdown.

But why is it worth dealing with to begin with? You still get the same story and gameplay minus a few extras with a patched PSX version, which I'm pretty sure is possible to play with a PSP.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/queenofficial#p/u/25/v8L3TCXsyX4
Queen owns.
#13EntrydeniedPosted 7/5/2011 8:42:23 AM
Master_Gamer posted...
This. It's a very, very solid game provided you know what you're getting yourself into in terms of the slowdown issues. They are VERY obvious, but eventually you can just tune them out. The game's story and gameplay are more than worth dealing with the slowdown.

But why is it worth dealing with to begin with? You still get the same story and gameplay minus a few extras with a patched PSX version, which I'm pretty sure is possible to play with a PSP.

The biggest draw for me would be the new translation and the new cutscenes. The 2 new jobs are just a bonus. The slowdown becomes neglible after a while and doesn't occur outside the use of spells and skills. The framerate and loading is otherwise on par with the PS1 version.
#14Master_GamerPosted 7/5/2011 9:10:31 AM
That doesn't really answer the question. I'm not going into details for obvious reasons, but it is possible to play the PSX version with the WotL translation patch on a PSP.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/queenofficial#p/u/25/v8L3TCXsyX4
Queen owns.
#15DoomerangPosted 7/5/2011 2:30:00 PM
Master_Gamer posted...
That doesn't really answer the question. I'm not going into details for obvious reasons, but it is possible to play the PSX version with the WotL translation patch on a PSP.

That still would not give you the extra cutscenes, events, characters, and jobs. All of these things, coupled with the new translation, do add enough to the game to make it feel fresh to me despite finishing the psx version literally five times.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles