Games on the PSP like Diablo and Torchlight (dungeon crawlers, lot's of loot)

#1beest9Posted 8/6/2011 1:56:52 PM
Just looking for a fun dungeon crawler like diablo and torchlight that'll keep me busy on the go....I love those type of games!

Basically I want something
-WRPG, lot's of skills and such
-Lots of armor and weapons to collect
-good controls, and easy to get into

Thanks!
#2JudgboltPosted 8/6/2011 2:03:26 PM
I continue to stand by Dungeon Explorer as the best Diablo clone on the PSP.

Untold Legends (both of them): the very definition of mediocre

Dungeon Siege: not bad, but brain dead easy and not particularly rewarding

Zenonia: nice and charming, it's decent

Neopets Wand of Wishing: better than you might think, but still just kind of decent.

I wish Dungeon Explorer would have more loot to collect, but otherwise grinding is pretty fun and rewarding. Combat is easily the best of its kind too, not that that's saying much....
---
"Not Impossible. Inevitable."
#3beest9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2011 2:13:40 PM
Judgbolt posted...
I continue to stand by Dungeon Explorer as the best Diablo clone on the PSP.

Untold Legends (both of them): the very definition of mediocre

Dungeon Siege: not bad, but brain dead easy and not particularly rewarding

Zenonia: nice and charming, it's decent

Neopets Wand of Wishing: better than you might think, but still just kind of decent.

I wish Dungeon Explorer would have more loot to collect, but otherwise grinding is pretty fun and rewarding. Combat is easily the best of its kind too, not that that's saying much....

Dungeon explorer, I youtube'd it. Looks alot like one of those korean mmo type games. Looks pretty fun...
Zenonia, I had it on my iPod, dang that was a fun game, the both of them.

Dungeon Siege looks nice as well....
I'll keep looking though
#4TLR_Posted 8/6/2011 2:22:09 PM(edited)
I agree with Judgbolt 100%... well... more like 98%.

Untold Legends weren't mediocre at all, IMO. Just completely freaking average... completely. They're very solid, playable and worth-playing games with good performance and worthwhile multiplayer, but they're so generic and undistinguished that they could have just as easily been named "Dungeon Crawler" and "Dungeon Crawler 2: The Sequel to Dungeon Crawler".

Dungeon Siege is a trainwreck of everything they attempted. Even if you look past all the game-breaking glitches, the game is too damn easy to stay interested. The only things about that game that didn't completely suck were the atmosphere and class upgrade system.

Still though... the best WRPG-style game on PSP is, ironically enough, a JRPG - Dungeon Explorer.
...and Neopets is definitely not to be ignored. Solid gameplay and extremely clever script-writing made that game awesome.

Zenonia is alright... but the further you get in the game, the more GAMEVIL's amateur status becomes prevalent. It starts fun enough, then becomes insanely imbalanced. The cutscenes/script writing made me wanna cry.

There's also Silverfall, but it's crap... and Warriors of the Lost Empire, which has actually got some very good DMC-tier action mixed in with WRPGs, but can easily become the human equivalent of an elephant tranquillizer dart.

Look into LoTR: Aragorn's Quest too. That was one surprisingly decent WRPG.
---
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/tlrtheory
PSN: TLRtheory, XBL: Im BEASTIN Son
#5CompassPosted 8/6/2011 2:44:59 PM
Dungeon Maker doesn't get enough love.
#6metaIsluggPosted 8/6/2011 4:42:32 PM
Alien Syndrome is what you're looking for.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/15cfwv6.jpg
#7SequiroPosted 8/6/2011 5:10:22 PM(edited)
Phantasy Star Portable 1 or 2, its got a behind the person camera, but it follows the same formula, you dungeon crawl to find l33t gear. PSO the original online Phantasy Star was/is highly compared to Diablo series. While Diablo is a dark fantasy settings, PSO/PSP is a futuristic fantasy setting.

You can alway get
Though I'd probably just jump into Phantasy Star Portable 2.

I've just kinda dabbled into Aragorns Quest but it seems to be somewhat similar.

.....dunno if you are into CFWs for PSP but if you are... there's always Diablo 1

---
If you trust in Science and are 100% proud of it. Put this in your signature.
#8nmagodPosted 8/6/2011 6:02:54 PM
Diablo.
---
"If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk." - Conan O'Brien
#9beest9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2011 7:11:43 PM
HHHBK21 posted...
Diablo.

Since when is that on the PSP.....

And the psOne game, I don't think it's on the psn store either.......
#10nmagodPosted 8/6/2011 10:59:53 PM
He just asked for games on the PSP like Diablo

Diablo is on the PSP, we just can't talk about HOW it is.
---
"If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk." - Conan O'Brien