Is PSP worth getting in the future?

#1VerkinsPosted 3/2/2012 12:16:43 AM
I have owned Nintendo handhelds for generations, Game & Watch Ball, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and Nintendo 3DS.

I have tried my sibling's PSP back in the days it came out, and I didn't mind the game library in it. (Mega Man,Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts,God of War,Phantasy Star,etc.)

I'm aware of the PS Vita, but that's something I consider way in the future. So Sony people, what's your opinion on the PSP, is it worth it?
---
PZ0 friends code Verkins
1548 5397 0201
#2DeltaBladeXPosted 3/2/2012 12:23:17 AM
I got mine a few months ago, despite knowing that the Vita would soon arrive. I haven't regretted it. Between the quality games in the library and the cheap prices, I already have over 100 titles for the system and I'm not done looking.
---
Life is too short to waste it being serious
http://backloggery.com/DeltaBladeX
#3SCAMaz0nPosted 3/2/2012 1:18:00 AM
Yes, PSP rocks.
DS is no longer supported. It's 3DS or nothing.
May I interest you in the Vita?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWMIpnoxXJo
#4HistoryLizardPosted 3/2/2012 8:25:26 AM
DS is still being supported, heck they just announced a new pokemon game for it even.
---
"I thought this was going to be an environmental mod with Al Gore the Nord talking about Mammoth farts causing the icebergs to melt." ~ alehm
#5RotuhiiriPosted 3/2/2012 9:20:51 AM
I think it will always be worth owning and I just bought a Vita. There are many games that won't be available for download to the Vita and some UMDs can be found really cheap.
---
Dreamcast/Gamecube/Mega Drive/PC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/Saturn/Xbox/Xbox 360/Vita/Wii gamer
#6dancer62Posted 3/2/2012 9:21:58 AM
Since you're a portable gamer and collector, you NEED a PSP. It's the best and most versatile portable system ever, with the best features of the PS2 and the Tapwave Zodiac/GP32 in a package not much bigger than the GBA.
#7lcfevaPosted 3/2/2012 9:32:49 AM
SCAMaz0n posted...
Yes, PSP rocks.
DS is no longer supported. It's 3DS or nothing.
May I interest you in the Vita?

Actually you have that the other way around. PSP seems to have been abandoned by Sony in the West. The last game I wanted on the PSP, Grand Knight Story, seems to just disappeared from the release charts.

While the DS just had Devil Survivor 2 released, Black & White 2 announced.

But on topic: the PSP is great to get now since it's so cheap. If you understand Japanese you are in one hell of a treat.
---
3DS FC: 3866-8046-5312
#8leeko_linkPosted 3/3/2012 11:51:43 AM
"Is PSP worth getting in the future?"

Yes, even if there are no more PSP games being supported whether digitally or through UMD in the future, you could still download music, movies, trailers, original PSN titles, Classic PSOne titles, and PS minis for play on the system.
#9binaryfraggerPosted 3/3/2012 6:37:29 PM
It's definitely worth getting. Despite owning a Vita, I'm keeping my PSP because games are now dirt-cheap and unlike the Vita, it doesn't require the awful Content Manager to transfer movies and music to it.
A PSP would be a good investment. It won't cost you a lot and its game library will keep you busy for years.
---
3DS friend code: 3909-7793-8308
#10Suwa-kunPosted 3/3/2012 7:20:56 PM
lcfeva posted...
Black & White 2

The way you wrote that confuse me and makes me thinking you were talking about the PC game.

And yes,if you planned to get a PSP this year go for it,like a poster said the English library is not bad,the Japanese library is overall excelent.
---
hope -look up when i walk- ~ Lia x Jun Maeda x bermei.inazawa~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNes0sm8h6Q