So three games left on the Western front? Growlanser, Gugnir & BRS?

#1BaseChouGokuPosted 3/23/2012 3:20:40 AM
So we finally got a localized visual novel (Hakuoki) to the PSP, and now in terms of PSP's remaing life support we are getting:

BRS - Black Rock Shooter - Imagipoch RPG
Growlanser - Atlus RPG
Gugnir - Atlus RPG

Then the PSP is officially dead in the West after those? Because I dont see any other upcoming titles...
#2RotuhiiriPosted 3/23/2012 4:23:53 AM
Grand Knights History (Vanillaware) is being localized by XSEED too. It was scheduled for this winter but it has been delayed with no date set.

Then there was the mention in Ultimania about the "overseas version" of Final Fantasy Type-0 but it doesn't mention PSP and some suggest it will be an enhanced Vita port instead. It is not confirmed for a PSP localization no matter what anyone says. There is hope though.

Then there is work being done on Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 2 but I wouldn't be surprised if it is cancelled due to the fact that they can't make a digital version. Last word is that XSEED are working on it though but they need to work on smaller projects simultaneously to avoid bankruptcy.

It isn't impossible that the release of the Vita will bring a few other games here digitally as well but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
---
Dreamcast/Gamecube/Mega Drive/PC/PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/Saturn/Xbox/Xbox 360/Vita/Wii gamer
#3Disturbed0nePosted 3/23/2012 4:34:06 AM
I'm still holding out for FF Type-0 and no, the PSP isn't "dead". The system will still be used by the millions that bought them for many years to come. I'm sure there are tons of games that all of those PSP owners still need to buy so I'd say that the system is quite "alive". o_O
---
http://goo.gl/4I3IO
#4GibbeynatorPosted 3/23/2012 7:56:02 AM
It's not dead until Atlus says they're not bringing SMT Persona 2: Eternal Punishment out, or at least, not on the PSP.
---
It is pitch black in here, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue *CHOMP* Well... I warned him...
#5BatenKait0sPosted 3/23/2012 9:25:45 AM
I'd say that we're likely to see them. The PSP isn't dead, in fact it's still managing to outsell the Vita week after week.
---
Solatorobo: The Red Hunter (DS), Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
#6antoinejonesPosted 3/23/2012 10:51:58 AM
BatenKait0s posted...
I'd say that we're likely to see them. The PSP isn't dead, in fact it's still managing to outsell the Vita week after week.

thats only because its cheap let the vita be as much as the psp or the psp be teh same price as the vita and lets see which one sells more
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#7VampiricDragon_Posted 3/23/2012 2:20:47 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Grand Knights History (Vanillaware) is being localized by XSEED too. It was scheduled for this winter but it has been delayed with no date set.

Then there was the mention in Ultimania about the "overseas version" of Final Fantasy Type-0 but it doesn't mention PSP and some suggest it will be an enhanced Vita port instead. It is not confirmed for a PSP localization no matter what anyone says. There is hope though.

Then there is work being done on Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 2 but I wouldn't be surprised if it is cancelled due to the fact that they can't make a digital version. Last word is that XSEED are working on it though but they need to work on smaller projects simultaneously to avoid bankruptcy.

It isn't impossible that the release of the Vita will bring a few other games here digitally as well but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

This is right. And also which is new

xseed is localizing the dungeon crawler REXX...........remember it was on the psp and 3ds
---
Game of the Week
New Super Mario Bros DS - Wonderful handheld platformer
#8Chaos_MissilePosted 3/24/2012 6:52:10 AM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
Rotuhiiri posted...

xseed is localizing the dungeon crawler REXX...........remember it was on the psp and 3ds

Waitwhat? Source?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#9SleepMaserPosted 3/26/2012 1:41:01 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
VampiricDragon_ posted...
Rotuhiiri posted...

Waitwhat? Source?

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/24/rumour-unchained-blades-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-as-a-download-title/
It's just a rumor, though... and i believe it's only for 3DS version, and not PSP one...
---
Playing : Senjou no Valkyria 3 , Shining Blade
Waiting : RPG Maker VX Ace
#10El_DustinoPosted 3/26/2012 9:05:46 AM
Tom from XSEED hinted that they would most likely bring the PSP version out as well, I believe.
---
Thank's, I'm gonna go butter my pooper with it real good.