The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So wait Megaman Legends was ported to the PSP...

#1TheExiled280Posted 6/28/2012 9:37:45 PM
And it NEVER got localized? WTF Capcom?!?
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita, PSPgo & PSP1000
Gravity Rush Launch Trailer: http://youtu.be/5Q-p-41_V4Y
#2GhetsisPosted 6/28/2012 9:39:36 PM
Don't blame Capcom. Blame Sony of America. They have an idiotic rule that prohibits straight ports from being released on PSP.

Then again, it wasn't released in Europe either, so I don't know...
---
Ragnarok Online, Ymir server. Play it!
Lufia > Lufia III > Lufia II >>>>>>>>>>>>> other Lufia "games"
#3Kurgan777Posted 6/28/2012 11:44:51 PM
It wasn't a very good game, it would have bombed miserably....
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#4GM_Posted 6/29/2012 6:17:55 AM
Kurgan777 posted...

What world do you live in?
#5Rolen74Posted 6/29/2012 11:51:54 AM
The controls are really bad on PSP. IIRC you can't strafe and lock onto a target at the same time.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#6SS_GokouPosted 6/30/2012 7:14:23 AM
Ghetsis posted...
Don't blame Capcom. Blame Sony of America. They have an idiotic rule that prohibits straight ports from being released on PSP.

This. And maybe because Capcom Europe was lazy for doing the localizing themselves?

GM_ posted...
Kurgan777 posted...

What world do you live in?

Lol who knows. Anyway it's a good game but it's not fun playing on the psp. I tried the japanese version and it's unplayable to someone who used to play mml1 and mml2 on ps1.

Rolen74 posted...
The controls are really bad on PSP. IIRC you can't strafe and lock onto a target at the same time.

True that.
---
Official Praetor of Saber in the Fate/Extra Boards
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saber-FateExtra/286251641405745
#7XxJesterxXPosted 6/30/2012 11:34:32 AM
You could strafe and lock-on in MML2. The original MML required you to be standing still in order to lock-on, though there was a bit of an auto-aim feature if you were able to shoot close enough to an enemy while running.

And I believe the reason it wasn't ported to Europe or NA had something to do with voice acting contract complications. Sure, they could have gone the Ape-Escape On the Loose route and redone the voices altogether, but Capcom is cheap and MML isn't so popular.
---
Bloom in my pockets; Bloom on Demand
#8YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 7/2/2012 3:48:44 PM
@Jester

Actually the va contract deal is Capcoms way of keeping it from being released, they could easily get away with releasing it since it will be a port to psn, so it doesnt breach va contracts aslong as its a ps1 port to Psn as a psone classic, REDC, 2, and 3 were brought to psn, like i said its capcom lying like rugs like always. I like there games but Capcom is lying.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#9DavCubePosted 7/2/2012 5:06:35 PM
Ghetsis posted...

Not that it didn't stop many developers, even some of their own studios, from just changing or adding a couple doo-dads here or there to port them to PSP. Ape Escape, Medievil, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Jak & Daxter Lost Frontier... any more i'm missing?

Frankly, this would have been a great opportunity to get over the supposed voice acting contract loophole that kept either version of the game from getting on the PSN, but seeing as Capcom hates money that isn't less than nine figures for any one project...
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#10Second_ChancesPosted 7/2/2012 5:37:27 PM
Two problems:

1) Licensing issues with the original voice actors (one in in jail, at least two didn't use their real name, ect)
2) Sony America laws that prohibited straight ports on PSP

I wish someone would make a patch for them using the coding from the originals, the original PSX versions are supposedly unplayable and I can't get them working in the first place on my PSP.