Kenka Bancho! User feedback?

#1GreatLordAbsuPosted 7/3/2012 7:35:01 PM
That summer sale price-point is highly enticing! I know the game got mixed critical reviews, however, which is why I'm looking for actual user feedback.

Worth the buy?
#2DC_PPosted 7/4/2012 4:12:45 AM
The game is fun but its short since youve got only 7days to complete the journey. after it ends you keep your stats and you can choose to do something else in the new game plus.

Personnaly, ive never enjoyed to do a new game in most games because i have to rewatch some cutscene that ive already seen on my first time but my gf loved the game.and she went through multiple new games. she said its still fun because there are always stuff she havent seen yet.

if youre into yakuza and want a good laugh go for it since its pretty hilarious at times.
#3SmokingCaddyPosted 7/4/2012 4:56:46 AM
It's a brawler adventure game, think of Way of the Samurai or Yakuza but in a high school setting. Multiple storyline paths and possible endings. Combat is a bit slower paced than either of those games though. It's one of the funniest games you'll play too.
#4GreatLordAbsu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2012 8:02:01 PM
Thanks for the input!
#5SmokingCaddyPosted 7/6/2012 9:44:51 AM
It's one of the best and funniest brawler games I've played. Im mad Atlus keeps publishing one game out of a whole series that isn't MegaTen or Persona. The sequels on the PSP look fun too.
#6SmokingCaddyPosted 7/6/2012 9:50:42 AM
DC_P posted...
The game is fun but its short since youve got only 7days to complete the journey. after it ends you keep your stats and you can choose to do something else in the new game plus.

Personnaly, ive never enjoyed to do a new game in most games because i have to rewatch some cutscene that ive already seen on my first time but my gf loved the game.and she went through multiple new games. she said its still fun because there are always stuff she havent seen yet.

if youre into yakuza and want a good laugh go for it since its pretty hilarious at times.

While generally true of many games, in this one u only rewatch a few and then it's no limits once you leave the hotel. I'm always surprised by new things that i haven't seen in the game. This and the Way of the Samurai games I feel are true non-linear adventure games.
#7GreatLordAbsu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2012 5:25:44 PM
Man, Way of the Samurai... such underrated hotness!!

If Kenka Bancho really is comparable to Way of the Samurai, that is very encouraging.