The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

quick question about psp slim and regular, comparison

#1nothingtruePosted 8/4/2012 2:46:59 AM
just few quick questions comparing the psp slim and the regular one.

which has better battery life?

same size screen?

which has better storage?

is either better/more-suited for out-door play (i.e. does one of them have a screen with 'anti-glare') or both are the same?

thanks
#2FadesofblackPosted 8/4/2012 3:05:26 AM
nothingtrue posted...
just few quick questions comparing the psp slim and the regular one.

which has better battery life?

same size screen?

which has better storage?

is either better/more-suited for out-door play (i.e. does one of them have a screen with 'anti-glare') or both are the same?

thanks

Battery life is the same using original batteries for each system, extended capacity batteries however the slim is longer.

Screens are the same size on all the models except the GO. The GO's is smaller. 4.3 inch on all the regular models. 3.8 inch on the GO.

They all use memory stick pro duo's so they're all identical in that regard as well except the GO has 16gb of built in storage and it uses M2 memory sticks instead of pro duo's but no UMD drive for physical games..

None of them have anti glare screens. However the 3000 has has the fastest response time so it has much reduced ghosting however some of them have interlacing issues. If you live in Europe the e1000 model has the best screen providing all the benefits of the 3000 without any of the issues however being released late in the cycle it was stripped down to save costs. No wifi no stereo sound ect. Whether this is a issue or not is up to you.

3000's also have a built in microphone for skype as well.

Hope that helped.
#3nothingtrue(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2012 4:37:53 AM
thanks black
#4nmagodPosted 8/4/2012 7:07:52 AM
the Go's smaller PHYSICAL screen size does not impact its resolution, which remains 480x272
---
TezzaLovesBarryB (Moderator) | Posted 3/20/2012 8:15:41 PM | message detail | quote
mods suck
#5SS_GokouPosted 8/4/2012 6:28:16 PM
nmagod posted...
the Go's smaller PHYSICAL screen size does not impact its resolution, which remains 480x272

I presume the graphics look good though because it's smaller, the physical size I mean.
---
Official Praetor of Saber in the Fate/Extra Boards
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saber-FateExtra/286251641405745
#6ChemicalBurritoPosted 8/4/2012 8:51:44 PM
SS_Gokou posted...
I presume the graphics look good though because it's smaller, the physical size I mean.

Say what you want about the Go's other characteristics, but its screen is a thing of beauty.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IX (Nintendo DS)
#7tarenwandererPosted 8/5/2012 8:08:37 AM
Of the things I dislike about my Go, the screen was never one of them.
---
We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ Delusion of Stability
#8nmagodPosted 8/5/2012 8:14:48 AM
SS_Gokou posted...
nmagod posted...

There isn't that much of an impact, actually. Some games look sharper, but that's relegated mostly to those 3D platformers where you're NOT standing around to look at the environment anyway
---
TezzaLovesBarryB (Moderator) | Posted 3/20/2012 8:15:41 PM | message detail | quote
mods suck
#9SS_GokouPosted 8/5/2012 6:21:26 PM
ChemicalBurrito posted...
SS_Gokou posted...

Say what you want about the Go's other characteristics, but its screen is a thing of beauty.

Uh... Fyi I'm not bashing PSP Go, what I mean is that because the screen is smaller the graphics look somewhat sharper.

nmagod posted...
There isn't that much of an impact, actually. Some games look sharper, but that's relegated mostly to those 3D platformers where you're NOT standing around to look at the environment anyway

This is what I mean to ask, anyway thanks for answering. :D
---
Official Praetor of Saber in the Fate/Extra Boards
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saber-FateExtra/286251641405745