Your opinion on the following RPGs

#1Chaos_MissilePosted 8/4/2012 4:38:52 AM
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
Crimson Gem Saga

Tell me everything ( that you think) I should know about them. Are they recommended, any issues I should consider etc. They interest me to a certain extent.

Only talk between these 3 please. I dont need more rec to my backlog than it already has.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#2Miu_sanPosted 8/4/2012 5:28:43 AM
Unbalanced/Fetch Quests/Inferior in depth to Phantasy Star Portable/Uninteresting plot and characters
Ugly/Sun Wu Kong/Uninteresting plot and characters
Dem loading times/Convulated Plot that goes wonky and doesn't end well/Great protagonist/Skilltree system/2/3/4 character skill/Blade of Fury is awesomesauce/Worth playing, but not a keeper
#3nmagodPosted 8/4/2012 6:07:09 AM
I haven't played Tales of the World

Mana Khemia was too much fetch-questing

Crimson Gem Saga (ostensibly an Astonishia Story sequel) really removed the best part of it - the battle system
---
TezzaLovesBarryB (Moderator) | Posted 3/20/2012 8:15:41 PM | message detail | quote
mods suck
#4Chaos_Missile(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2012 6:58:31 AM
Miu_san posted...
Unbalanced/Fetch Quests/Inferior in depth to Phantasy Star Portable/Uninteresting plot and characters
Ugly/Sun Wu Kong/Uninteresting plot and characters
Dem loading times/Convulated Plot that goes wonky and doesn't end well/Great protagonist/Skilltree system/2/3/4 character skill/Blade of Fury is awesomesauce/Worth playing, but not a keeper

The heck am I reading?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#5blade113355Posted 8/4/2012 7:58:12 AM
Tales of the World is a simple dungeon crawler with Tales of characters in it. I would rather suggest Phantasy Star Portable 2 over this honestly. At least then you would have online to play with. This is a fan service games for Tales of fans, so if your not a Tales of fan don't bother.

Mana Khemia is not a normal RPG per-se, it's based on the Atelier Series which is more geared to being fetch quest heavy instead of battle heavy (Where your given a item to make and you have to make it in a certain amount of time). Yet this one is more combat focused then normal Atelier games. Example it has a Sphere Grid (FFX) like system for leveling up letting you customize your players some what for example. Now you still have to make items in a certain amount of time (or do a fight in a certain amount of time) but if your into RPGs where you have to craft items (like me)

Other game I never played....
---
I had a self racial joke here about the name of a game and gamefaqs got butthurt and removed it.
#6davidvincPosted 8/4/2012 11:22:05 AM
Mana Khemia is excellent, but buy the PS2 version. It's not Dragon Quest 8 quality, but it holds its own with the best of the PS2 RPGs.

Don't bother with the other 2 listed, they suck.
---
Check out my collection and leave a comment!
http://backloggery.com/davidvinc