The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Remember when the PSP was the walkman of the future?

#1EmptyTomePosted 8/28/2012 9:11:10 AM
I'm old enough to remember the day psp was launched.

I do remember the first games. First adds. But...

Do you remembet that the psp was marketed by sony as the "walkman of the future"?

I remember the advertising. Cool looking people doing cool things while wearing cool colour t-shirts while in the subway or the airport and with a psp 1000 and those earphones and stuff.

So, it's time to ask: do you think the psp is the walkman of the future, as it was intended/ not intended by sony?

PD: if you search you will find those adds I'm talking about, buy if I find them first I will link them here.
---
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.
#2toadiemanPosted 8/28/2012 9:19:56 AM
No. I never could get downloaded music to play right on mine. Most songs just skip to the next song randomly or not play at all.
---
PSN: toadieman
#3gldooriiPosted 8/28/2012 9:23:29 AM
I never once saw it being marketed that way, however I do see this girl in my neighborhood jogging with a PSP in her hand for music.
---
GameFAQs - Where homebrew discussion is allowed on the iPhone board, but considered "illegal activities" on the PSP board.
#4MBBDarigonPosted 8/28/2012 10:56:44 AM
I remember it lol
---
http://backloggery.com/darigon/sig.gif
I'll poke you till you love me, friend!
#5link510Posted 8/28/2012 11:04:56 AM
I thought the iPod was the walkman of the future.
#6zavlinzPosted 8/28/2012 11:14:12 AM
the only thing that isnt the walkman of the future... is the walkman.
#7TaaronPosted 8/28/2012 11:40:04 AM
I remembered ignoring the PSP when it first came out in favor of the Nintendo handhelds.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#8dancer62Posted 8/28/2012 11:45:09 AM
I don't know about "walkman of the future" but it's a great multimedia machine.

Besides games, music, and movies,

I've used mine as a music source for a stage show when my MP3 player crapped out

and I've used it as a visual aid for an Introduction to Golf class, using it with an A/V projector and Hot Shots Golf to show basics of golf.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#9EmptyTome(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 1:34:39 PM
I love my psp, but I don't use it to listen to music. Nor watch videos.

(when I was abroad I used it to surf on the internet, but it was like 5 or 6 times).

Maybe because it's bigger than most i-pods i-phones and stuff, but I never saw it as a walkman.
---
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.
#10-NinjaWarrior-Posted 8/28/2012 11:15:52 PM
Yeah... pretty much every black dude on my high school bus had one and used it to listen to music and maybe play Madden when it first came out in 2005. I wanted one, but instead later that year I did get a 3rd gen iPod Mini for free when my parents bought an Apple laptop. Most people thought the iPod was a better music player. It was awesome having something everyone though was cool, at least before they all got their own when 4th gen Pod nanos/videos released.