Why don't the localize that new Digimon RPG game?

#1Gatchan2Posted 10/5/2012 8:28:28 PM(edited)
Wasn't Digimon popular in the West?

It's obvious people have an interest in it. I recently saw a group is working on a fan translation...

And now the obscure first person dungeon crawler rpg ELMINAGE is being localized.

That's the last game I thought would come over this late in the PSP's stage...

Last game I seen localized was an obscure Japanese visual novel set in Sengoku perod Japan.

So no Digimon, no Final Fantasy, no Level 5 Gundam RPG

What the hell??
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#2DeltaBladeXPosted 10/5/2012 8:50:30 PM
Small companies might still give us games, but the bigger companies care about the new systems more.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TUuzN.jpg
http://backloggery.com/DeltaBladeX
#3Rolen74Posted 10/5/2012 9:28:41 PM
Games that are based on animes/magnas often have licensing problems and are very difficult for a company to negotiate a license to localize the game for other countries.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#4Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 12:46:10 AM
Rolen74 posted...
Games that are based on animes/magnas often have licensing problems and are very difficult for a company to negotiate a license to localize the game for other countries.

Never stopped Digimon before
---
"For Capcom, the day our DLC scam was uncovered, was the most embarrassing day of our life, but for the hacker... it was Tuesday" - muryo
#5MoliviousPosted 10/6/2012 1:00:22 AM
two words: namco bandai
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise
#6GameNextPosted 10/6/2012 4:12:26 AM
I said this in another thread: The PSP is still kicking.
But Namco doesn't care....
#7Miu_sanPosted 10/6/2012 7:02:36 AM
I'll take anything but the horrible English dubs which mutilated the series.
#8GhetsisPosted 10/6/2012 7:03:39 AM
Rolen74 posted...

Digimon isn't based on anime/manga.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9zinformantPosted 10/6/2012 8:30:29 AM
The fact that this is a PSP game and may have licensing issues is irrelevant. There is no audience for it. A vocal minority isn't a majority.

That said, if the game were to have a popular anime as a medium that would help prop it up, then it wouldn't be so much a risky move. There is no sensible reason to bring this game over despite looking great.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#10Gatchan2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 10:02:09 AM
zinformant posted...
The fact that this is a PSP game and may have licensing issues is irrelevant. There is no audience for it. A vocal minority isn't a majority.

That said, if the game were to have a popular anime as a medium that would help prop it up, then it wouldn't be so much a risky move. There is no sensible reason to bring this game over despite looking great.

Theres an audience for Elminage? Obviously they found an audience for Hakuoki considering it's successful sales on Amazon. There's an audience for Digimon and I'm willing to bet its bigger than you think; obviously bigger than the former two....
---