Question to anyone who has MGS (PS1 Classic)

#1S_S_D_DPosted 10/8/2012 2:51:06 AM
I'm thinking of buying MGS1 from the Playstation store. Since it's a PS1 classic, I should be able to play on my PS3 or PSP, correct? What I'm wondering is, what are the controls like on PSP? It's been a long time since I played MGS, so I don't remember all of the controls. How does the lack of L2/R2/Right Analog affect the game?
---
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.
#2Rolen74Posted 10/8/2012 4:34:19 AM
It plays great. By default L2 and R2 are mapped to the analog stick. You can customize the controls to what you want.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#3IHeartMetroidPosted 10/9/2012 5:39:35 AM
"How does the lack of L2/R2/Right Analog affect the game?"

MGS never used the right analog stick, so there's no issues there. It actually works really well on the PSP.
#4alexg1989Posted 10/9/2012 8:47:46 AM
S_S_D_D posted...
I'm thinking of buying MGS1 from the Playstation store. Since it's a PS1 classic, I should be able to play on my PS3 or PSP, correct? What I'm wondering is, what are the controls like on PSP? It's been a long time since I played MGS, so I don't remember all of the controls. How does the lack of L2/R2/Right Analog affect the game?

MGS1 works perfectly on the PSP...

I use the custom control though.

I move Snake using the Analog stick

I open the item menu using the Left button, and the Weapon menu using the Right button and I cycle through them using the L and R buttons respectively.

I can quickly unequip and equip the last item/weapon I used using the Up and Down buttons.

That's the best configuration to me.

I also just beat Extreme mode a few days ago... so it plays great on PSP and on any difficulty.
---
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com