Question to anyone who has MGS (PS1 Classic)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Question to anyone who has MGS (PS1 Classic)

User Info: S_S_D_D

S_S_D_D
4 years ago#1
I'm thinking of buying MGS1 from the Playstation store. Since it's a PS1 classic, I should be able to play on my PS3 or PSP, correct? What I'm wondering is, what are the controls like on PSP? It's been a long time since I played MGS, so I don't remember all of the controls. How does the lack of L2/R2/Right Analog affect the game?
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.

User Info: Rolen74

Rolen74
4 years ago#2
It plays great. By default L2 and R2 are mapped to the analog stick. You can customize the controls to what you want.
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?

User Info: IHeartMetroid

IHeartMetroid
4 years ago#3
"How does the lack of L2/R2/Right Analog affect the game?"

MGS never used the right analog stick, so there's no issues there. It actually works really well on the PSP.

User Info: alexg1989

alexg1989
4 years ago#4
S_S_D_D posted...
I'm thinking of buying MGS1 from the Playstation store. Since it's a PS1 classic, I should be able to play on my PS3 or PSP, correct? What I'm wondering is, what are the controls like on PSP? It's been a long time since I played MGS, so I don't remember all of the controls. How does the lack of L2/R2/Right Analog affect the game?

MGS1 works perfectly on the PSP...

I use the custom control though.

I move Snake using the Analog stick

I open the item menu using the Left button, and the Weapon menu using the Right button and I cycle through them using the L and R buttons respectively.

I can quickly unequip and equip the last item/weapon I used using the Up and Down buttons.

That's the best configuration to me.

I also just beat Extreme mode a few days ago... so it plays great on PSP and on any difficulty.
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Portable
  3. Question to anyone who has MGS (PS1 Classic)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived