The PSP Street (E1004): It's black.

#1ChemicalBurritoPosted 5/31/2013 2:29:32 PM
So I just bought a PSP Street. I just could not resist a matte black-on-black PSP. The PSP logo on the back is black, the shiny ring where the UMD goes in is black, and the Sony logo on the front is black. Sony has even moved the LEDs for power and memory stick access to the top edge of the system where the USB port is, so the front can be more black.

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Ni no Kuni (PS3), P4G (PSV), Star Ocean 2E (PSP)
#2Ginsu VictimPosted 5/31/2013 9:22:19 PM
ChemicalBurrito posted...
It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

My two word review of the PSP Street:
S*** sandwich.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#3Miu_sanPosted 6/1/2013 12:32:16 AM
*ghetto
#4Pengu1nPosted 6/5/2013 4:05:32 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
ChemicalBurrito posted...

My two word review of the PSP Street:
S*** sandwich.

The facts are that...

1) The PSP Wi-Fi is rubbish anyway
2) The PSP speakers are hardly beats audio by Dr Dre but it does still have a headphone jack
3) It still has a UMD drive
4) It still uses Memory Stick Pro Duo's
5) It's still a PSP and can play any PSP games be they digital or UMD

People seem to slate the PSP E-1000 yet they forget that even though it doesn't have wi-fi and it only has mono sound it doesn't matter because of the facts i mentioned above. I tried downloading a PSP demo through the PSN store on my PSP 3000 and it took forever and now i am using another wi-fi security method neither my PSP Go or PSP 3000 will work with my router so i have turned of the wi-fi on both systems.

There are other (much better) methods of purchasing/downloading PSP content anyway either using a PS3 or using Media Go and transferring via a USB cable.
---
If you believe in Hulkamania and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#5Ginsu VictimPosted 6/5/2013 9:08:13 AM
Pengu1n posted...
BLAH BLAH BLAH

You obviously didn't get the joke.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#6NeoTStylePosted 6/6/2013 1:39:11 PM
Is it worth getting? Or is it better to just try and import a 3004 from NA? (They still make them over there, right?)

Online MP on PSP is either dead or nonexistent most of the time, so that's not too terrible.
I can also get over the mono sound. It (hopefully) still has headphone jacks which will output stereo sound so that doesn't matter to me. But that thing has to feel incredibly cheap without the smooth finish the other models had. Looks like a cheap knock-off and probably feels like it too.
#7Pengu1nPosted 6/7/2013 3:37:46 AM
Ginsu Victim posted...
Pengu1n posted...
BLAH BLAH BLAH

You obviously didn't get the joke.

That was a joke????

Honestly I just thought it was another person taking a dig at the PSP E-1000.
---
AMD FX 6300 @3.5GHZ, 16GB DDR 3 RAM, SAPPHIRE 7870 GHZ OC 2GB, 2x 1TB HDD's, 12X SAMSUNG BLU RAY, 1000W PSU, SOUND BLASTER X-FI FATAL1TY
#8ChemicalBurrito(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2013 5:58:52 AM
NeoTStyle posted...
Is it worth getting? Or is it better to just try and import a 3004 from NA? (They still make them over there, right?)

Online MP on PSP is either dead or nonexistent most of the time, so that's not too terrible.
I can also get over the mono sound. It (hopefully) still has headphone jacks which will output stereo sound so that doesn't matter to me. But that thing has to feel incredibly cheap without the smooth finish the other models had. Looks like a cheap knock-off and probably feels like it too.

We'll take a break from the Spinal Tap references for a moment for some serious discussion.

The main disadvantages of the Street are:

- No wifi, which means that online stuff doesn't work. This limits the Street somewhat (I use my regular PSP for podcasts, internet radio, and checking the weather via the browsder almost as much as I use it for gaming), but if you're just looking to game, it's not a big deal. As you point out, the PSP was never really about online gaming anyhow.

- No TV out. Unlike the 2000 and 3000 models, the headphone jack of the Street is just that, a normal stereo headphone jack. No remote control inputs, no TV output. If you never want to play on a big screen, this won't be a problem for you, but it is a limitation.

- The mono speaker. The system doesn't quite pack the audio punch of a 3000 if you're playing it without headphones, but you probably won't notice unless you have a 3000 to compare it to. The volume on the Street does not go to eleven.

- The note and brightness buttons are missing, so the brightness can't be adjusted unless you quit the game you're playing and go to the settings menu.

- Like the Go, the Street has a non-replaceable batttery - so there are no extended-life battery options for the Street.

Some good points

- Unlike most of the other PSP colors, the matte black of the Street is not a fingerprint magnet. You won't feel the need to clean it after every play session.

- The Street seems to, from my limited play time on it so far, have a pretty good D-pad and buttons. More like the 3000 than the older models and the Go.

- While the dpad and buttons are similar to the 3000, the screen is more similar to the 2000 - as in, none of the "interlaced" artifacts that some people see on the 3000.

Other info

- The Street is more similar in size to a 1000 than a 3000 - it's thicker and bulkier; Talk about mud flaps, the Street's got 'em!

- The Street's UMD door is different from the other mdels in that the whole back of the Street opens up. The mechanism seems more substatial than the 3000's, so the Street might not suffer from the problem the 2000/3000 gets sometimes when it thinks the UMD door is open in the miffdle of a game.

- There's also no battery cover to lose or break off.

But hey, enough of my yakkin'; whaddaya say? Let's boogie!
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Ni no Kuni (PS3), P4G (PSV), Star Ocean 2E (PSP)
#9Ginsu VictimPosted 6/7/2013 1:44:34 PM(edited)
Pengu1n posted...
That was a joke????

He made a This is Spinal Tap reference, so I made one.

But hey, enough of my yakkin'; whaddaya say? Let's boogie!

....and here's another.
(Hell, I see more....mudflaps, eleven, etc.....)

---