Adventure games similar to DanganRonpa & Hakuouki?

#1HexsrychePosted 7/3/2013 10:58:48 PM
Specifically on PSP are there other adventure games similar to those two? I've heard good things about Corpse Party but from my understanding of it it leans more into survival horror territory than adventure game?

English games, either through official localization or fan translation patches.
#2Ironneos99Posted 7/4/2013 12:51:04 AM
you mean visual novel games?
disgaea infinite and corpse party book of shadow are the only thing on my mind(for NA or EUR)
---
Altaha Abilia
#3zinformantPosted 7/4/2013 12:53:42 AM
No, Corpse Part is an adventure game with visual novel and horror elements. It has no survival aspects except some cheesy chase sequences which are insignificant. I would definitely check it out. The faux-sequel is garbage. Watch it--primarily the last chapter which is the only one you need--on Youtube if you're interested.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.
#4IlluminoiusPosted 7/4/2013 5:19:22 AM
lol english patch
#5Bikes-Posted 7/4/2013 9:21:48 AM(edited)
You'd probably like corpse party, The first game is kind of like a point and click but with a classic Jrpg interface/look. Book of shadows is pure VN. It also has 2 Japan only Sequels atm one that is like the first and another thats a pure vn (but is also a comedy spin off)

If you Like Danganronpa though you should look into the phoenix wright series for the DS, fantastic series and share's a lot in terms of gameplay that Danganronpa has.

If you don't mind Otome there's sweet fuse coming out in like a month or so. Dunno how it plays.

---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#6zinformantPosted 7/4/2013 9:18:14 AM
And that was recently ported to iOS. Also found on iOS and DS is 999, which you would also enjoy. Its sequel is on 3DS and Vita.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Don't reboot PCs that you cannot access.
#7GhetsisPosted 7/5/2013 7:48:29 AM
Well, Sweet Fuse is being localized next month. It's an otome visual novel like Hakuouki.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#8Ginsu VictimPosted 7/5/2013 5:36:55 PM
Illuminoius posted...
lol english patch

Is that necessary?
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#9zinformantPosted 7/5/2013 8:51:11 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
Illuminoius posted...
lol english patch

Is that necessary?

It's Illuminoius. He thinks he's clever. Ignore him and move on.
---
Ocean should not derail the train.