both Corpse Party games on sale

#1dolphinmagePosted 10/23/2013 6:02:59 PM
I noticed that the Corpse Party games are on sale on PSN for the people who are interested in them. I've written reviews for them both, and the review for the first game will be up soon. I'll post a link when it's available. The review for Corpse Party Book of Shadows is here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/617350-corpse-party-book-of-shadows/reviews/review-154336.

If you want the short answer, the first Corpse Party is definitely worth it, and Book of Shadows is definitely not.
#2dolphinmage(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 9:16:26 AM
Corpse Party review: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/989995-corpse-party/reviews/review-156029
#3culture_denPosted 10/25/2013 11:48:35 AM
Yeah I just noticed it, had been waiting and suspecting for this to happen for a while now. Though sometimes I admit I do wish that online sales for consoles and handhelds can drop as low as Steam sales, so that those 2 games can run us for only $5 total or whatever outrageous prices computer sales tend to have.

Since I wouldn't think Book of Shadows would be worth even the $10, but ah well.
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#4zinformantPosted 10/25/2013 11:54:19 AM(edited)
Steam's model is a bit ahead of its time, and publishers are afraid of it. Software pricing in the handheld and, especially, console sectors is a messy situation and will be for years to come. We're at a point where publishers for titles like this attempt to find that middle ground where the price is right such that enough buyers don't wait for a price drop to make the project worthwhile. I think Corpse Party was priced $5 too high, but most folks don't think much of $5 meaning the publisher can add that extra $5 and still get enough sales.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
4227-1617-5338 Safari:Audino/Lillipup/Chansey
#5culture_denPosted 10/25/2013 12:08:49 PM
Probably because the brunt of sales comes from brick and mortar stores, specifically one, that being your American gamestop, and game companies want to appease these third party sellers by matching the physical price. And so even for online only games, why sell it for less when the MSRP is at a higher price.

But personally I just think Steam sales are low because they're an incentive to get people to play video games on a computer. There's a reason why there are a lot more people gaming on consoles or handhelds, it's just more relaxing and entirely stress free compared to PCs, where there may be more options but honestly the average player of video games doesn't care about any of that, they just want the simplest thing: disc, console, start. Bam no fuss no muss.

For my part I wouldn't mind paying a lot for a series I absolutely love, but for something like this, I'd really only want to spare the $5 as a fair value for a visual novel with limited content and no added content like a physical case or printed manual or anything like that. It's literally just software.
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#6metaIsluggPosted 10/27/2013 1:53:11 AM
They're console exclusives so they can charge more while staying competitive (it's not like there's any other way)

anyway, the first Corpse Party is absolutely worth playing imo. The second one not so much
---
http://i.imgur.com/1CL7bOR.gif