Are PSP games playable on VITA?

#1LordrvPosted 2/5/2014 10:07:56 AM
Don't actually want to buy a PSP, but there are definitely PSP games out there that I want to play.
#2ChemicalBurritoPosted 2/5/2014 10:25:40 AM
The Vita cannot use UMDs, so only PSP games that are both available on PSN and allowed (by Sony) to run on the Vita will work on the Vita.

In practice, that means that many PSP games work on Vita, but there are some rather notable games you can't play on Vita like Star Ocean, Kingdom Hearts, Crisis Core, etc.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), EOIV (3DS), Tales of Xillia (PS3)
#3PStrifePosted 2/5/2014 3:33:47 PM
No, Sony believed in apparently forcing yet another digital PSP racket with rhe Vita and thus replacing the possibility with an unnecessary touch pad instead.
#4PrettyBoyMarthPosted 2/7/2014 3:30:23 AM
depends on the games, like my favourite PSP games arent available on Vita/PSN (Valkyrie Profile, Birth by Sleep, Star Ocean 2) but most are.

I would just get a PSP over a Vita any way, It's a much better handheld overall. It's the most versatile/flexible handheld to date.

Even if you just want to play a few games, you'll discover more.
---
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 505
#5metaIsluggPosted 2/7/2014 5:00:04 AM
^Like he said. It doesn't play UMDs but most games are on the store, except for a handful (Castlevania, Crisis Core, Birth by Sleep,etc)
---
http://i.imgur.com/Go1k5Ya.gif
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 2/7/2014 10:11:12 AM
metaIslugg posted...
^Like he said. It doesn't play UMDs but most games are on the store, except for a handful (Castlevania, Crisis Core, Birth by Sleep,etc)

I don't know what region you're in, but in the North American store you can get Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7hello_indigoPosted 2/8/2014 7:52:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8psvitantifailPosted 2/9/2014 12:00:18 PM
As I can see you have been welcomed by the troll committee, anyhow definitely want to go with the vita as you can connect it with your Playstation 4 console and play playstation4 games anywhere it most definitely has better controls and better graphics far better technology then a psp you can find one at Gamestop used for for even cheaper also you can even pick up a psp for like 60$ so really you can have both ( if you want to) oh yeah and a the is not a nec is not unnecessary it has a lot of cool functions like it can be used as the missing buttons like L3,R2 etc... A lot of these uses on this bored are trolls and have no experience with the Vita whatsoever its best if you ask questions on the PlayStation Vita bored and not this one...
---
Oh no Charlie!!---