Is securom really that bad?

#1Gum_HorrorPosted 10/29/2008 4:43:10 PM
Never did much PC gaming but i am starting to get into it so i decided to get this for the PC instead of console but now im hearing that it has securom, what does securom do exactly. and if its bad can i remove it and still play the game fine?
---
if you took the time to read this then turn around *evil grin*...........................................
OMGWTFROTFLMFAOBBQZ!!! YOU ACTUALLY LOOKED!!
#2_chocobo_lord_Posted 10/29/2008 4:48:02 PM
This version of SecuROM ain't too bad. It just won't let you INSTALL the game if you have a CD/DVD/HD mounting program etc running. Just don't have those programs running.
---
whilst naked.
#3AMDZFanPosted 10/29/2008 5:10:41 PM
That's not true either. I have daemon tools running and it's worked fine.

This securom hasn't done anything to me at all... but I hear the more invasive versions can cripple computers.
---
98% of people copy other people's signatures and paste it as their own.
If you are one of the 2% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
#4Obsessed117Posted 10/29/2008 5:12:39 PM
Don't worry, its the old version that doesn't cause problems. Its only the newer version that people are complaining about and its what most are referencing to when they say "securom"

All it does is makes sure you aren't mounting a .iso (which would mean you pirated it)
---
WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
#5_chocobo_lord_Posted 10/29/2008 7:17:41 PM

AMDZFan (#003)
That's not true either. I have daemon tools running and it's worked fine.

This securom hasn't done anything to me at all... but I hear the more invasive versions can cripple computers.

I'm talking about during installation, you cannot have those programs running. After, you can.
---
whilst naked.
#6Chaostheory506Posted 10/29/2008 7:45:00 PM
Again, not true i had power Iso and daemon tools (think i spelled that right) running .. infact i just disabled them on startup today. Still no hope for the glitches im getting tho

---
Currently playing PS3 - GTA4 COD4 R6V2
C U 0^ T3h I34TTI_3Fi3I_I). =) PSN- Veldimare