How do you open the containment door in the basement of the tower for the ghouls? I can't seem to find a button or anything to open it from within the tower. --- Through fire, justice is served! A hero in shining armor is called. To punish evil forces, I have been charged!
There is an entrance behind the tower. Go into there, and there is a computer to the right of the window... Presto, have fun ... --- ECCENTRIC, AMBITIOUS, AND MOUSTACHED IS HE AN-DREW RY-AN ~Reverse_Rebirth
I see the outdoor entrance to the metro behind the tower, but need a key to enter through that door, which I don't have. where do I find this key and/or can I open the containment door in the basement any other way?
Ya what the hell. I've searched every room and talked to every person in the tower and I cannot figure out how to open either door to the metro. Hours wasted on this crap. Where is this mysterious key that opens the door? Every walkthrough I read doesn't even mention it. Is this a bug?
2. Kill the bigots stealthily and convince Tenpenny to let the ghouls in.
3. Convince bigots to leave, and convince Tenpenny to let the ghouls in.
4. Get the key by pickpocketing officer Gomez (i think thats his name), go behind the tower, into the basement, hack the computer and open the door for feral ghouls
5. Get the key by killing officer Gomez, go behind the tower, into the basement, hack the computer and open the door for feral ghouls
5. Get the key by talking to Conrad "Daring" Dashington, go behind the tower, into the basement, hack the computer and open the door for feral ghouls
6. Get the key by killing Conrad "Daring" Dashington and getting the key out of his safe, go behind the tower, into the basement, hack the computer and open the door for feral ghouls
I killed the owner of the store shop and owner of the gun shop. Before killing the gunshop owner I traded her everything I got for an apartment theme and a couple of apartment items (you have to blow up Megaton to get an apartment here). After I killed her, I looted all my stuff back from her store inventory. If you do kill these two, they will be replaced by the ghoul merchants if you settle the conflict peacefully. Unfortunately after the ghouls move in, the store stashes seems to reset, and you won't be able to open them with the key gotten from previous owners. These two are the only ones that will be replaced by the ghouls!