stuck on main quest please help *spoilers* jefferson memorial scientific pursuit

#1dbouyaPosted 10/31/2008 1:21:33 AM
okay so i get to the jefferson memorial and kill all the super mutants in it and well i can't find my dad all i find are 7holotapes and a bunch of special objects i can't interact with ...

if i follow the helper arrow it leads me no where as there is absolutely nothing i can do in the rotunda... the rotunda is a small room and i've searched every inch of it....

so where do i go? how do i complete the rest of the quest scientific pursuits?
#2heavyarms008Posted 10/31/2008 1:25:42 AM
you need to listen to all of the tapes, one of them tells you the location of another vault you have to go to.
#3dbouya(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2008 1:31:38 AM
i found better days, personal log, log 1,2,3,7,8 where can i find log 4,5,6?

following the helper arrow leads to the rotunda but there is nothing i can do in the rotunda?
#4dbouya(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2008 1:40:08 AM
i found some of the holotapes in the gift shop area and some of them in the sub basement...

i found nothing in the pump control or the rotunda... is there a 5th area to find tapes in? the ones i have ... have no clues about anything at all... it seems like tape 4 if it exists might... but i haven't found it.. do i need to access from another door to the monument? like an underwater one?
#5dbouya(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2008 1:44:05 AM
haha i just found three more in the rotunda ... damnit those holotapes are soo hard to see they blend in so well