The Family(Vampires) *slight side quest spoilers*

#1Sean23Posted 11/8/2008 4:03:54 PM
So I was wondering if you get the cannibal trait and the night trait can you join the family? Has anyone tried this? I just beat it and started a new character and am going to try it, but no one on this forum has mentioned it at all.
#2ElDudorinoPosted 11/8/2008 4:09:29 PM
Judging by how deep this game isn't... I'm gonna go ahead and say they didn't program anything like that into this game.
#3ShiftfalloutPosted 11/8/2008 4:11:24 PM

I hear that if you get the cannibal trait, they consider you one of them. Meaning a slight dialog change but nothing more.

#4ZebraMan1923Posted 11/8/2008 4:12:52 PM
Why would they consider you one of them? I thought they never ate flesh.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Atomaround
#5ShiftfalloutPosted 11/8/2008 4:16:11 PM

ZebraMan1923 posted...
Why would they consider you one of them? I thought they never ate flesh.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Atomaround

They dont, its a stupid continuity error by bethesda. Bethesda should have left the vampire and werewolf card out of Fallout.

#6ElDudorinoPosted 11/8/2008 4:18:39 PM
Actually, isn't the idea that they would eat flesh, but Vance has convinced them that they're vampires and steered them onto blood or something along that lines?

Anyway, I'm astounded that they included that in there. I mean, the game... does other inconsistent things that I just erased because I realized they were massive spoilers, so the last thing I would expect is for the cannibal perk to get you in good with the vampires.
#7ShadowFighter2Posted 11/8/2008 4:26:31 PM
Well, the way I saw the Family was that they were all cannibals, but as a way of (in their minds) retaining their humanity, they limited themselves to drinking blood and not eating human flesh.

They all started out as cannibals, hence why the cannibal perk can get you in good with them; you're affected by the same condition that they used to suffer from.
#8Agamemnon485bcPosted 11/8/2008 4:28:30 PM
Having the cannibal perk myself, the only dialogue option I had with anyone was the gate guard, where you can use it to your benefit to be granted access freely. After that they consider you one of their own.

As far as joining them goes, no. One of the biggest things missing in this Bethesda game are joining factions. Most factions offer one quest, but that's it. They'll say something like, "Drop by any time, you are an honorary member," or some nonsense like that, but you are never actually part of the group, as in gaining a rank or moving up in rank. Hopefully modders fix that oversight.
---
"Reading rots your mind."
ghawkes1215
#9ShiftfalloutPosted 11/8/2008 4:44:23 PM
Heres the thing, if you look at the body of the boys parents, it was their necks that have been pierced. When talking to him he says he just came over with an unbearable reaction. If hes reacting on instict, and hes not one of the family officially, why did he just go for the necks? They really arnt cannibles in the normal fallout sense, which tended to equate them more along the lines of tribals and phycopaths. The name Vance has long been associated with Vampires in various novels and other forms of fiction. Basically what you see here is Bethesda trying to come up with content, making it up based on other works and doing a really bad job of it.
#10Agamemnon485bcPosted 11/8/2008 4:46:59 PM
A terrible job, I might add. Blood is not nourishment enough to live off of (they still are human and still have a functioning organ system).
---
"Reading rots your mind."
ghawkes1215