Fallout 3 Easter Eggs

#1shalockPosted 12/2/2008 2:56:04 PM

Is there any Easter Egg in this fallout like in the other two?

I found some resemblance between the quest "The Replciated Man" and Bladerunner, the return of Dogmeat (but this seems more like a tribute), the Bethesda Ruins, the Leather Jacket like Mad Max (but this appeared in the 2 previous games), is more out there?

#2VoodooTigerPosted 12/2/2008 2:59:50 PM
There is a building near the Jury Street Metro with a fun little contraption. :) Not a reference to anything, but it's obvious a developer took a lot of time setting it up.
---
I have it on good authority; if you type Google into Google, you can break the internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke. ~ Jen, The I.T. Crowd
#3SmakitPosted 12/2/2008 3:44:23 PM
http://planetfallout.gamespy.com/wiki/Fallout_3_Easter_Eggs
---
~ Smakit ~
#4tommyyun007Posted 12/2/2008 3:46:42 PM
meybe the door with ****YOU inside it?

its a door that you open, in the door is nothing but a wall with above words on it
---
May Heaven Smile
And the Devil have Mercy
#5KislathPosted 12/3/2008 1:13:32 AM
One huge easter egg that nobody ever mentions is Tenpenny Tower itself, and the situation with the ghouls.
Have any of you ever seen the movie: "Land of the Dead?"
In that movie, Dennis Hopper plays an evil, rich old man who owns the last nice, safe place to live in a zombie infested world: Tympani Tower.
#6LostAndWoundedPosted 12/3/2008 3:05:08 AM
I would call that a reference, not an easter egg.
---
L.A.W.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/648/1212633719123iz4.png
#7graffffffffikPosted 12/3/2008 4:49:09 AM
a few fun things to see in wasteland could be called "Easter eggs'"
1 in the Arlington cemetery a shrine to Abraham Lincoln
another (location I don't have at moment)
A grocery store, of which you can walk over to a trap trigger(marked by arrows)

and it you step on it (don't grab any loot yet)

A game of DOMINOES plays itself with the items in the store.

it has no baring on game whatsoever, just to watch, no enemies, just for fun, somewhere in northern section of game.

a 3rd is a small "plumbers helper" room

where it's fill of plungers stuck to the walls and stuff, again cannot give exact location
#8MooseUpNorthPosted 12/3/2008 6:33:00 AM
graffffffffik, the dominoes contraption is the same one VoodooTiger mentioned. It's near the Jury Street Metro, west of Megaton and visible from the overpass.

Yes, The Replicated Man is a reference to not only Blade Runner, but also Armitage 3.

The goon named Armitage looks quite a bit like a series of goon bodyguards in that anime, and the basic premise of A3-whatever, the third type of replicant, so real that not only could they pass off as human if you didn't look too closely, their reproductive systems were fully functional.
#9LostAndWoundedPosted 12/3/2008 6:52:04 AM
Hell, when I got the recording, I was fully convinced that Moira's mercenary was the android. Of course, this was before I figured out that 80% of the male characters in the game are the same voice actor.
---
L.A.W.
http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/45893/zany_sig_huge.PNG
#10Dalamar The DarkPosted 12/4/2008 12:18:00 AM
I want to mention the vase with flowers near the Enclave President.
I think it refers to Malcom McDowell's (voice of the president) role in the tv-series Heroes where he has healing abilities and demonstrates this by making (near) dead flowers bloom again.

---
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father