how does the game violate canon?

#1TacoTheSmurfPosted 12/4/2008 1:46:18 PM
Okay, I've heard an assload of complaints saying that this game ignores canon. Could somebody elaborate? So far, I have seen zero rewrites to the fallout world so I need some explanations. And yes, I did play a bit of fallout 1 and I beat fallout 2. Granted, I never played either religiously like some people do, but I still tried them both. So please, be civil and let us discuss what Bethesda did and did not rewrite.
---
Supa Pahti! Awesome Colla! Less Go! Numbah Wahne!
XBL GT:Captain Bonr
#2waflman7Posted 12/4/2008 1:57:11 PM
Cannons are a little too old for the game. But you could call the rock-it launcher a cannon, so the came does not ignore cannon.
-Gauntlet

---
dyslexic cow: oooooooooooooooom
#3AnimeJet_V2Posted 12/4/2008 2:09:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4AnimeJet_V2Posted 12/4/2008 2:10:51 PM
*spoilers*

Enclave and super mutants really should not be here, they were asploded. Some say mass manufacturing of Jet is weird too. I'm sure the more indepth fans can name more. Raiders on the east coast are randomly psychotic too.

This topic should have had a spoilers header XD

---
Originally:AnimeJet - 138212 http://animejet.sheezyart.com
Level 2 Locked @ 2837 Karma;Give me my account back, GameFAQs.
#5TacoTheSmurf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2008 2:23:24 PM
uncle leo(I think that's his name) implies that the super mutants are still blindly following the master's orders. And I don't remember where I heard it from, but the east coast enclave lost contact with the west so eden and the rest don't even realize what happened.
---
#6fox master xxPosted 12/4/2008 2:25:09 PM
From what I hear from the hardcore NMA guys is Harold's fate. But who cares about them.
---
Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.- Malcolm X
#7TacoTheSmurf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2008 2:28:55 PM
I thought harold was well played out. It's not like bob/herbert wouldn't have grown so why do the NMA gripe besides the fact that they're blind fanboys? So anyways, the super mutants, harold, and the enclave have been proven to work with the previously established world(not too thoroughly, but still), so what else is there?
---
#8Slatz GrobnikPosted 12/4/2008 2:34:34 PM
The biggest violation of canon I can think of is the G.E.C.K., which in F2 was, basically, a laptop with a huge library (okay, replicator too), whereas in F3 it's the Holy Grail, more of an outright magical item able to restore life to the wasteland through Science!.

The Super Mutant situation seems somewhat odd, especially in the light of the previous information. Gone is the dip, and added is the 'just add FEV.' Also, I don't remember any mention of cannibalism in the previous games, which is a bit jarring. Likewise, the intelligent supermutants of F are much different than the ones of F3.

I don't remember anything about "ghoulification" in the previous ones, and I think that all were pre-war. It was also explained more as a FEV result, whereas in F3 radiation seems more primarily in the determination.

Honestly, there's more 'headscratchers.' Jet, the Brotherhood, the Enclave, Vault-Tec - hell, Mole Rats - where there's no specific retcon or clear canon violation, but something...confusing.
---
200+ years of technological advance and nuclear war will not stop the Liberty Spike hairdo.~CaIiber345
#9TacoTheSmurf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2008 2:54:50 PM
the ghoulifcation was mentioned in the necropolis. Sudden exposure to massive amounts of radiation caused people to turn into ghouls (that's what happens to moria if you detonate the bomb). The enclave is still around only because they lost communication to the west and don't realize that the rest of them are disbanded/dead. I don't know what to say about the GECK tho.
---
#10prideassassinPosted 12/4/2008 3:02:47 PM
The G.E.C.K.
Well, it's in D.C., the nation's power center. They get better G.E.C.K.s than those godless west coast hippie heathens. Problem solved.
---
"Your dead body kept screaming too." -fab