After me unable to find the galaxy radio station, I took a small break from the game and today when I start the game up again, somehow, all my save files are gone. The only game I install in between is GTA4 and Game for window live since it was require to play GTA4. Could that be one of the reason why my games are gone since I never installed game for window live for fallout 3.
It probably isn't gone.
From what I've read, Live stores the save games in a different folder than the game (without being logged in). The game (without being logged into Live) will store the game saves at ..\\My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves by default.
I haven't activated Live myself, but do some folder searching to figure out where it installs. I'm guessing something like \\Program Files\MS Live\ or along those lines.
Copy the files from the default directory to the Live directory and the gamesaves should appear the next time you login (you have to logout/login before it can "see" the new files).
The default save directory (for Vista) is...
Documents > My Games > Fallout3 > Saves
Since you have installed Windows Live since your last time playing, you are probably logging into Fallout 3 now, so it doesn't realize you want the same save files. Simply move them from the default into the folder with your GamerTag in the SAVES directory, and you should be good to go.
Where is the save directory for the window live? I couldn't even find my gta 4 save.
Found on bethesda's site, via google:
Migrating Game Saves to Game for Windows Live
1. Navigate to My Documents/My Games/Fallout3/Saves and locate the saves you wish to migrate.
2. Still in My Documents/My Games/Fallout3/Saves directory, locate the folder named after your Live Profile.
3. Copy your saves from My Documents/My Games/Fallout3/Saves into the named folder from step 2.
4. Load Fallout 3 and log into your Live Profile.
5. You should now be able to load your previous saves while logged into your Live Profile.
Note: Your saves will not transfer with your profile if you decide to play on another computer -- those will need to be transferred manually.