Fallout 3 Crashes When Saving/Autosaving + Entering/Exiting Buildings

#1Chrisdude93Posted 2/12/2009 6:03:00 AM
I have Vista,fallout 3 settings are lowest,run on win2000 compatibility,and play game using fomm,any help would be appreciated
---
-- MySpace URL:myspace.com/dave13593
#2kenshin620Posted 2/12/2009 6:12:08 AM
Maybe The Unofficial Fallout Patch will help you
---
"Irrelevant Conversation. A symptom of late phases of Alzheimers disease"-doanm
#3graffffffffikPosted 2/12/2009 6:30:45 AM
disable any mods

run game at last save spot

SAVE game

RESTART LAUNCHER, reenable mods, and continue.

this should fix the crashing error

This is a fallout 3-error due to loading in new cells, and mods need to be frequently re-initialized in this fashion
#4Chrisdude93(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2009 6:45:16 AM
the only flaw is that when i disable all my mods and try to load an autosave or save game is screws up so i HAVE to have the mods on I know it's weird
---
-- MySpace URL:myspace.com/dave13593
#5WaxfruitPosted 2/19/2009 5:51:39 PM
I've found killing yourself (no, I'm serious, blow yourself up with a mini nuke or something) after loading fixes it for some reason. Load your game, die somehow, and after the auto reload you should be fine.
#6graffffffffikPosted 2/19/2009 7:18:55 PM
it's almost always just 1 incompatible mod amongst them all, and almost always one that associates with respawning codes in new areas

If you cannot disable all (due to some required to play with meshes etc) try disabling just the ones you know that affect creating new creatures, new fights and respawns

make a clean save

restart game then renable the mod(s)
#7zeppelin124xPosted 2/19/2009 7:36:39 PM
Hmmmm, mods with changes to the respawning codes? Sounds all too familiar Grafffffffffik.
---
Well, who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?
#8graffffffffikPosted 2/19/2009 7:45:09 PM
Hmmmm, mods with changes to the respawning codes? Sounds all too familiar Grafffffffffik.

Yes I know my earlier ones i created do because I was using only fallout vanilla in modding them

newest ones don't because I am not editing same areas yet that can cause crashes. It is extremely difficult to tell where it does however I do know crashes (IN respawning ones) do occur in 1 of 2 following sections: 1) changing "encounter zones" settings to reset or not OR
2) Physical alterations of the random encounters

Either case my current mods not affecting those. I do know MMM still does as well as OOO
But G.E.C.K. absolutly never reports fatal or conflict errors to you so finding these things are trial and error, and you can only "SURMISE" the possible error locations