Best armor to use as a stealth character?

#1unseen1unknownPosted 2/18/2009 12:40:54 AM
I'm going to be starting up a new character which will mostly be a pickpocketer/stealthy killer kind of character and I was wondering which armor would be the best to use in combination with weight/damage resistance

and if anyone is using a mod that provides a good armor set for a stealth minded character without being overpowered could you please tell me what it's called cause all the ones on fallut3nexus seem to be way overpowered

---
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Rust In Peace...Polaris
#2DJKABoomPosted 2/18/2009 12:47:51 AM
Ranger armor or the new chinese stealth suit from the AO addon.
---
And thank you for reading my Sig!
#3SpeedCanHurtPosted 2/18/2009 12:56:31 AM
None. All armor drastically affects your stealth abilities, best choice for running around in would be a Vault suit, Wasteland outfit or Pre-War outfit or something similar in the less than five pound range. Grab some heavier armor for backup in combat if you want, but most stealth characters should be able to easily play through the whole game without using any.
#4icewind0123Posted 2/18/2009 1:10:52 AM
Stealth characters typically take a lot less fire then other character types (as they usually finish off the target before it can shoot back), so armor while sneaking isn't entirely necessary. Clothing may actually prove better then armor in that situation.

However, you will get into a fire fight eventually (usually against groups, or more durable foes), so having some proper, non-stealthy armor as backup is recommended.
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life - (Terry Pratchett, Jingo)
#5Felipe262Posted 2/18/2009 10:59:44 AM
The Chinese Stealth Armor is extremely overpowered (didn't stop me from using it xD). Even though the description says it has "Stealth Field +5", it actually works just like a Stealth Boy, i.e. crouch, and nobody sees you. The only way for an enemy to detect you while cloaked is to bump him or to fire any gun but the Dart Gun or Silenced 10mm. So if you go for a "Cyborg Ninja" character (stealth plus melee), you'll breeze thru the game. Effortlessly. Boring.
#6kroniekerPosted 2/18/2009 11:22:27 AM
*SPOILERS*
Maple's Garb, use Birch's sap on Harold's heart in the oasis quest. It has the best DR/WG in the game and gives some bonuses (can't remeber which)
---
Since the invention of the internet, the earth's orbit has been solely propelled by English teachers rolling in their grave.